Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought or tried to install the ross system in the front of the Odyssey ? I think it would be very useful especially when we have the bodykit and lowered the suspenions. That would help us stop before hitting the concrete bar and wreck out front lips and bumper.

Maybe you guys with the Helm Manuel can check to see if a Ross system is able to fit behind the front bumper ?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I think it'd be a good idea and there should be room up front for whatever you want to stick there. I think GM has some factory setups of sensors in the front.

Another easy, cheap way for a van with a front license plate holder installed would to be to add one of the units that mounts on the license plate frame. It would be easy to mount, fairly unobtrusive and should work fine. Heres a link to one: http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=52354&BQ=jcw2 Others sell the same unit cheaper, though.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics & projects.

·
1,484 Posts
Since the front bumper is a pointed shape (as opposed to the flat rear bumper) would this be a problem? Where would be the best spot to put the sensor(s)? The middle or the corners? Or both?

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
It'd probably depend on what unit you used. I think I'd go with the AutoPark 2000 if I had a front license bracket. Here's a more detailed link: http://www.kwmuth.com/Products/Kits/201-0001.htm It looks like it'd do the job just fine for less than $50.

I bought one of those but sent it back because I didn't trust it for use on the back. The angle of the plate on the Ody make it look a little doubtful, but the front should work fine. At least I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics & projects.

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 06-10-2001).]

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess that's probably the simpliest way to have a sensor in the front.
I hope this unit is not big enough to make the front of the ody look weird with it sticking on the licence plate.

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lookinco:
I hope this unit is not big enough to make the front of the ody look weird with it sticking on the licence plate.
</font>
Maybe you could put it behind the upper or lower grill.

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good idea!!...speaking of grill....does anyone know where or how to put mesh grill on the ody ? I think that would look a lot better !

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lookinco:
....does anyone know where or how to put mesh grill on the ody ? I think that would look a lot better !</font>
Just do a search on any of these boards.

Acura-Tl.com
Acura-CL.com
Purehonda.com

-nemogira

·
Registered
182 Posts
The acura-tl.com forum has some posts that the users have indicated they used gutterguard mesh over the original grill. The chrome trim is removable on the Acura grill, I haven't looked at the Ody grill to compare.

------------------
Lanny
2K1 EX MB

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Just go to your local major hardware store and look for the mesh fencing.They come in different patterns too. Just make sure you paint them because I've seen some rusty ones on some Civics.
In a way it's a better alternative than the $300 sets Grillcraft makes although I don't know if they make them for our Ody.

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX
http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4292654815

1 - 11 of 11 Posts