Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 09 EX-L in December of 09. I am no stranger to Honda since I have an 01 Civic coupe I bought new that now has 170K miles, which is going to have to last another 4 years (when the ody is paid for).

Love the Civic, but I have reservations on the ody due to the complexity of the van. We had collision damage to the van, and the complexity of the motorized sliding door added a lot of problems.

Other than that, the ody is trouble free, and what I expect from a van. Poor mileage, ugly, plain, performance of a slug; but the versatility of the van was what my wife needed.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Welcome to Odyclub! :hi:

The Civic and the Ody both have an H on the grille, but that's where the similarity ends. As you've discovered, the Ody has far more electronics and hardware. If you're handy, there are tips and procedures available on OdyClub that can easily save you 100's of $.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
409 Posts
spacecst4now said:
...Other than that, the ody is trouble free, and what I expect from a van. Poor mileage, ugly, plain, performance of a slug; but the versatility of the van was what my wife needed.
You obviously never drove a 3rd gen CRV have you. Don't get me going. Once you've had that experience, the Odyssey's mileage (with VCM) is just as good as and even slightly better than the CRV on the highway. It's as close to a sportscar as a minivan can possibly be and it would, without reservation, out-handle and out-corner the CRV. It's gorgeous imo and very versatile to boot. This is my second Odyssey and I will never look back. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts