Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends
I'm new to odyssey club. Been wanting to get in here and meet new friends as my wife thinks I'm overly obsessed with my ( minivan camper). I've been an avid mud bugging, motorcycle junky and jet ski fan since birth but I've been an overland obsessed maniac for many years now and ever since I bought my honda odyssey, I started fantasizing about building it into a perfect camper.
I use to own a teardrop little guy camper, that was cool but don't like towing it around as it gets old after awhile. So I bought a minivan and stated doing my own build. I must says as of now I'm really happy how it turns out. Well enough of my rambling, I just want to introduce myself to you guys. Hope to share more builds and ideas in this forum.
Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hard to tell from the picture, but did you lift it at all?
No not yet lol I'm still thinking. I kinda like the way it sits too be honest. It sits on BF Goodrich 245 70 17 KO2. Cost me $931 mint and balance at discount tire. That s all stock suspension. The front just trim the inside front tire well and little.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can plastidip your entire van black
And then just spray paint with regular spray paint your design. If you don't like it. Just peel it off. I'm in Montgomery TX and I love building minivan camper.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
3,058 Posts
You should probably disable VCM.

·
Registered
355 Posts
That’s a really incredible paint job, especially since you did it yourself! Turned out really neat! Would be cool to see something like that out camping. I have never seen an odyssey or any other van like that where I’m at, and we have a lot here in east Phoenix Az so you definitely win the unique award.

Side note- 2nd turning off the vcm so it runs on all 6 cylinders all the time- search on vcm, muzzler or vcmtuner.com. Runs better and it seems to help avoid major engine engine damage

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like your back end is riding a little low in that last picture. Do you have air bags or the Timbren bump stops?
Hi gobluetwo,
Thanks and sorry for the late reply. I thought about air lift but I went with Timbren. Placed my order already. Just waiting to put it on. Both are easy to install, but I feel timbren offers long lasting stability. I'm gonna post the reviews on YouTube once I get them and ridden it for awhile. I really appreciate your keen eyes on the bottom out rear suspension. I'll post more details of the build on YouTube.
I already posted only 1 video ( minivan life odyssey ) check it out. I'll look out for comments. Thank you!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You should probably disable VCM.
Hi Wiimaster,
Thank you for recommending the vcm disable. I'm gonna get into disabling that soon. Right now she is at 207+,ooo miles and running life a champ. I just love taking the oddy out with my son. He sleeps soooo good in the van plus there's lots of room for him to play with his toys. I have an AC window unit installed and also diy the bed so that it can still utilize the rear seats for passengers and/or gold down flat for quen size trifold 6" foam mattress. 😀

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:cautious:
That’s a really incredible paint job, especially since you did it yourself! Turned out really neat! Would be cool to see something like that out camping. I have never seen an odyssey or any other van like that where I’m at, and we have a lot here in east Phoenix Az so you definitely win the unique award.

Side note- 2nd turning off the vcm so it runs on all 6 cylinders all the time- search on vcm, muzzler or vcmtuner.com. Runs better and it seems to help avoid major engine engine damage
Hi Azude, well, to be honest, it's currently got a check engine light on due to a bank 2 catalytic code. I was going to change the cat out but I'm too lazy to do the work. I can do it. Just plain lazy. It does go off And on though. When the check engine light is off, the ECO mode kicks in. That's when it uses the VCM I'm thinking. So right now, no eco mode due to bank 2 cat. Being out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts