Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all. Just picked up a new to me 2016 Odyssey SE with 48xxx on the odo. Going to be the primary family hauler, and daily. Don't intend to get insane with it, but know I'll begin modifying it sooner than later. I'll get a pic or 2 up soon.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Wheel Tire

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
4,529 Posts
Disable VCM:

Reactions: Phuck_It_Im_Done

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
4,529 Posts
Well....the more I go into this, the more I'm feeling I should walk away from this altogether.
Just my opinion, I think you'd probably regret it if you did. Outside of VCM (which is easily taken care of and it's not all that expensive), the J series engine is an excellent, reliable platform. The 6 speed AT on your model is also pretty solid with regular fluid changes.

Reactions: Phuck_It_Im_Done

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well....the more I go into this, the more I'm feeling I should walk away from this altogether.
Nah stick with it, if you take care of it, you won't have issues. People do recommend disabling the VCM, but there are many who don't and still get along fine. I personally chose to disable it because it's a cheap little thing you can do to take away any worry of that system causing an issue. I have a 2017 I bought new and now have 70k miles. It's not had a single mechanical issue yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts