Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member to Odyclub. I bought a '11 LX the other day b/c we are tired of the limited space in our other vehicles. Great price for the van u get even with minimal opt!

While test driving it we noticed there was a sunscreen on the passenger side 2nd row. We didn't test them out, it was dark. The next day we noticed there were no clips above the screen to hold it,nothing on the drivers side and hangers but no shades in 3rd row

I called our salesman. he suggested going to the service department (plus a sideview mirror needed to be replaced, a dimple distorted the reflection). They told us the LX shouldn't have this option (which I knew) so they couldn't do anything. I explained that was an attractive selling point to the odyssey and the salesman knew this

Sorry for being long in my first post

LX owners can u confirm any sunscreen parts on ur vehicle? and Does my argument for the dealer to install a sunscreen on the drivers side and hooks for the passenger side have merit?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll tell you this much... we just bought an EX-L today, which comes with the 2nd row shades, but not the 3rd row. I asked the dealer about options for the third row (since you'll notice the shades are not an available accessory for the 2011 Odysseys).

He found the technical drawings and part numbers for getting it installed in the 3rd row. He said they are about $130 each, but that's probably list. What's more important is he cautioned that it required a lot of labor -- removing a significant number of panels in the rear. So we're not going to pursue it.

I don't know if the 2nd row is easier or harder to install, but I get the sense it's not generally easy or expected that someone will add these in the aftermarket (unless someone makes a suitable hack.)

Not sure if that helps you, but thought I'd at least throw in a couple notes from today's discussions...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts