Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm new to this board, but not new to Hondas. I own an 05 V6 Accord and love it. It's time to replace my wyf's POS venture van and I have the wholesale pricing on a new 2011 Ody touring (in CAD). I know that I can buy the car for $850 above invoice, but I don't see any incentives from the factory yet.

Does anyone know if there will be factory to dealer discounts on the new 2011 touring model in the upcoming months?

Thanks,

Rich

·
Banned
728 Posts
Honda knows, but they aren't talking. The 2011 Sienna's have been out since summer and we haven't seen any incentives in Canada on them, so I doubt Honda will provide incentives at this point. The March program for Honda is out and it is the same as last month. I think $850 over invoice is pretty good. I got $500 over, but the dealer is taking its time delivering.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was fully expecting some March incentives (that didnt appear) and holding off on purchase of our Touring (Touring Elite in US) until now. It seems Honda has their head stuck in the sand about their dismal sales figures for both January and February, and blames it on everyone waiting for the new civic. Unfortunately, pretty much everyone else has significant incentives out on their product now, which means we're shopping elsewhere and they'll likely lose a sale if we find something else that we like, although at one point we were committed on an Odyssey. Full price on an Odyssey doesnt make sense when some of the other upscale lines are significantly reduced and similar now in price. We'll be looking at Lexus and Acura SUV's which with incentives are now pretty close in price to a loaded Odyssey. The sales numbers on the Odyssey's are good in the US, but I've been looking to see a new Odyssey on the road here in Ontario for the better part of a month and have yet to see one, however dozen's of new Siennas. I know it's unscientific, but the two local Honda dealers here seem to have the same Odyssey's on their lots that were there a month ago, they're arent exactly flying out of the lots...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honda knows, but they aren't talking. The 2011 Sienna's have been out since summer and we haven't seen any incentives in Canada on them, so I doubt Honda will provide incentives at this point. The March program for Honda is out and it is the same as last month. I think $850 over invoice is pretty good. I got $500 over, but the dealer is taking its time delivering.

Yeah, the Touring's are in high demand... i was told that unless they can find the one i want in inventory somewhere (good luck) that it has to be a factory order and will take a few months.

I even looked at the KIA sedona and the KIA dealer had to go East of Kingston to find an EX Luxury model... seems that all the high end vans are in demand... I wonder why Ford and GM dropped them:huh:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Striker good point I think I read the same article you did today about the new civics coming out. I'm suppose to go see the sales guy tomorrow in Ottawa to buy a honda EXL but with sales severally lagging I'm hoping to get them to agree to a lower price. I called a Kia dealer in Ottawa today and there was a high end trim sedona fully loaded with Nav and everything else and it was listed at 41K but he said that if I was serious about buying he would take off more than the $5500 but make it $7500 of the price and ridiculous good financing like 1.9% for 72 months. Although I'm no fan of Kia this is nothing to walk away from either. Opinions ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't think you'll have much luck with the dealer, they're bound by the Honda pricing and contrary to what some think, there isnt that much top to bottom markup between invoice and MSRP on the Odyssey's, its in the 2500-3500 range depending on model. They're unlikely to sell a new model at too much of a discount this early in the model year when they've still got a good 6 months before the 2012's start rolling in. At least in Canada, the dealers dont have to pay Honda for the vehicles on their lots until time of sale, so it's not like they're paying carrying charges either. And with the what I understand are good sales figures for the Odyssey in the US, there isnt an overstock situation for Honda where they would have to consider either moving them faster or reducing plant production. I had thought about waiting till April to see if three months of year to year sales drops would prompt more incentives, but I'm skeptical.

·
Banned
728 Posts
Yeah, the Touring's are in high demand... i was told that unless they can find the one i want in inventory somewhere (good luck) that it has to be a factory order and will take a few months.

I even looked at the KIA sedona and the KIA dealer had to go East of Kingston to find an EX Luxury model... seems that all the high end vans are in demand... I wonder why Ford and GM dropped them:huh:
My experience has been that it is more difficult to find the base LX and EX models. The dealers in my city have several Touring and EX-Ls in stock but no EX without RES or LX.

I've been told that Honda is selling more EX-L and Touring models than they expected. Maybe it has to do with the 6 speed transmission's availability? Or maybe because the Touring models have so many technology features.

I picked up my EX RES last night. Silver/Truffle and am really happy with my choice. I could afford, but couldn't justify the extra $13,000 in cost from the model I got to the Touring. The car magazines agree.

The great thing is that I dropped my 2008 Sienna at the transportation company that will be shipping it to our office in Toronto and got a ride over to the Honda dealership to take delivery of the EX RES. On the way home, I was thinking, "I can't believe how much better this near base model drives than the 2008 Sienna CE I just dropped off and how many more features and technology it has for an msrp that isn't too much more than the van it replaces".

It is the first time in years I didn't buy a "top of the line" vehicle and I don't feel like I'm taking a step down from the Touring, but rather a step up from the van I was driving.

The deal was pretty good to at invoice plus $500.00.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It took me 3 weeks to get the color I wanted for the right price and I called all over the eastern half of the country!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts