Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( hello oddy owners.. Well were a family of 6.. 4 boys and a wife.
ages from 9years old to 1month old.. Hence the reason for us buying our 2002 oddy.. Well ive always been a honda owner from 1995 till present. I started out with a 1990 civic then 92 then 2000 then back to a MINT 1991 civic 4door, that i loved. but i sold the love for a mini oddy.. gota be honda all the way. We spent our very last savings on buying our ody only for it to run for a month and kaput.. TRANSMISSION WENT OUT. Yep she goes from first to second at about 5500rpm then second to third after its done slippn for about 5min... And ive called honda and every1 under the sun and no help unless i pay 4800 for new this and that. We are literally broke. So im gona try the filter screen cleaning and hope the hell that works or im sleepn on the couch for another month!!! yep the wife is highly pissed at me. not a good thing!!

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Welcome to Odyclub!

Sorry for your misadventure. After things improve, search the bone yards and independant tranny shops. You can almost certainly do better than 4800 for I presume a factory reman.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have heard that that gen of Ody has a lot of tranny trouble. But people still love them. Find a indy tranny shop that has experience, you should be able to get it done a lot cheaper. Try to get a warranty if you can. Unfortunately, you can read all about the issues here, which may not be good reading for you at this point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts