Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone. I'm new to the site and discovered it when I was in full research mode looking for a new '11 Ody Touring.

This is actually our second Ody as we owned a 2008 Gray model that we loved. My wife had a little fender bender with a Camry that caused about $5,000 worth of damage (pennies for today's body shop repairs). Two weeks later we got it out of the shop and then it took me just two days to one-up her. This time, I pulled out in front of another Camry that was hidden in the blind spot of somebody turning into the driveway I was on.

I'm not sure what it was about Camry's, but after 20+ years of neither my wife or I having an at-fault accident, we both had one in less than 3 weeks. I can say this, the airbags work, and while thankfully none of our 4 kids were in the van during either accident, I'm confident in the safety of the Odyssey. At least when you're going up against a Camry. Nonetheless, my accident resulted in a total loss. (I've atttached a link to some pictures, but they don't really do it justice).

Then we were off at replacing our "Sally" (We name all of our cars after Peanuts characters). I immediately started calling around to the local dealerships in DFW and quickly learned how proud they all were of the new 2011 Odys. We really wanted the Touring for both the Nav and RES as well as the 6 speed transmission. However, the best price I could get in the area on a Touring trim was about $1,000 below MSRP.

That wasn't going to work for me. Just as I was about to give up, I found this site, and started seeing all the posts about finding your Ody out-of-state. Through some additional research and hunting, we found our new Ody Touring at Bill Kay Honda in Illinois. About 1,000 miles from home, but at invoice.

We drove our Mocha Metallic Ody from Illinois back to DFW and already love it. "Marcie" is her name and we chose Mocha because a) it was all they had and b) it kind of looks like dirt, so it rarely looks dirty :) .

A little more about us...we have 4 kids, age 10 and under. Our youngest (and only daughter) has mild/moderate cerebal palsy. At age 5, she can't walk yet, and while she's still trying, we need that space in the back for her wheelchair and all the other kid stuff. My wife also helps take care of our two nephews so eight passenger seating with one infant seat and three booster seats in the back is a must.

So thanks to everyone on this site for your valuable insight and advice. I hope that it will be a continued resource for me with our new Ody while I share any information that may be of use.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
Welcome to Odyclub, and thanks for your stories about the accidents, the search, and your family.

Hope you enjoy Marcie for a long time!

- Dave

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congrats CWilson!

I just picked one up too last week.

I got mine locally in Houston.
I didn't get it near invoice, but at the same time, I got a good enough deal that I was happy.

Cheers!:cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts