Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have been waiting for several months for our RRP EX to arrive and last Saturday we noticed our dealer had an Evergreen Pearl RES on the lot. My wife liked the vehicle and the dealer offered it to us for $750 below MSRP so we bought it.

I have lurked this site for sometime and was prepared for door and wind noise etc. However, I have noticed a few things that I have not seen on this site about the car and would appreciate any thoughts people have.

1) Whenever I increase the volume or change the input source on the radio there is a popping sound heard through the speakers. Has anyone else heard this, in particular with RES?

2) There is a noise coming from the rear of the vehicle during acceleration and stopping. It almost sounds like something is rolling around in the rear area. I keep checking the trunk space.

3) The wireless headphones only have a very limited range. Whenever my son ducks below the seat the signal breaks up. (I suspect they may be a defective wireless transmitter?)

4) This may be a design limitation but if I use the remote to open the rear doors and have not first unlocked them (via the remote) they will not open.

After years with a very unreliable Caravan, my wife is very excited to have a dependable, fun ride again.

This website has been invaluable as we worked through the selection and buying process - Thanks.
Todd

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hope this information helps:
1.) Have not experienced any popping noise with my radio. Sounds like a dealer trip is needed.
2.) I also have the noise in the rear. I believe it is the gas sloshing around in the tank. I have learned that from this site.
3.) The wireless headphones are designed to have a limited range. If you go into the front seats from the rear than they will go off. I havent tried the headphones at a low lying level yet but believe they would go off because of safety, ie. lying on floor means no seatbelt on.
4.) The sliding doors will not open unless you unlock all the doors.

This is just my observations. Good luck.

------------------
2002 Starlight Silver EXL-RES

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
1): no. Get it fixed. My RES unit has nothing at all like this. Sounds like you may have a short, either in the amp or maybe in the speakers.

2): sounds like the infamous "sloshing gasoline" problem. (I haven't heard it yet; I keep forgetting to listen for it.)

3) read the owner's manual and view the owner's DVD about RES. The wireless headphones are line of sight; they're infrared. So yes, they would stop working once your son ducks below the seat.

4) yep; design limitation. Notice how they'll beep three times instead, to let you know that they're locked.

·
Registered
143 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by adam1991:
1): 2): sounds like the infamous "sloshing gasoline" problem. (I haven't heard it yet; I keep forgetting to listen for it.)
</font>
Well, it's hard to be heard but easier to be "felt!!!" Turn off your radio when there are lots of stop-and-go and your gas tank is about 90% full: It feels like a big watermelon rolling in the trunk!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I too have heard that "rolling watermelon" sound. And now that you all have mentioned it...it happens when my tank is around 90% full. I just "love" this board. Very addicting and edumacational!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts