Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my RP '02 EXL yesterday, and wanted to thank all contributers to this forum for their input and observations.
I am trying different floor mats, but am having difficulty finding anything wide enought to cover the front seats. Any ideas? I also remember reading about the tail gate not lifting high enough (I'm 6 ft.)and people bumping their heads, but I also noticed that at full height it doesn't hit the garage door frame, unlike DC where you have to hold it with one hand to prevent scratching it on the garage. Maybe this was part of the design? Anyway, thanks again, especially to the folks running this site. It's one of the best out there!!!

------------------
02 EXL
97 Volvo 850 Wagon
68 Land Rover Series 2A
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by roland:
Picked up my RP '02 EXL yesterday, and wanted to thank all contributers to this forum for their input and observations.
I am trying different floor mats, but am having difficulty finding anything wide enought to cover the front seats. Any ideas? I also remember reading about the tail gate not lifting high enough (I'm 6 ft.)and people bumping their heads, but I also noticed that at full height it doesn't hit the garage door frame, unlike DC where you have to hold it with one hand to prevent scratching it on the garage. Maybe this was part of the design? Anyway, thanks again, especially to the folks running this site. It's one of the best out there!!!

</font>
Welcome to the board! Like your choice in Odys too

Yeah, at 6 ft. tall, I have whacked my head a time or two on the rear door
Ouch!
Especially if the van is on some kind of incline (like my driveway). I also agree that it's nice to not have the door hit the garage like my Windstar did!
As far as mats go, I like my Weathertechs in gray a lot! Check out some of the links here on Odyclub for the best deal.



------------------
'02 RP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, lampguards, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires
"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted" G.Keillor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Welcome. I received my Weather-tech mats and put them in yesterday. I like how they go from door to door as far as coverage and interlock. The 3rd row mats have to be cut to fit. I still haven't cut them yet. I will try to take pictures sometime this week after I cut them to fit. My cargo well mat didn't arrive yet however.

I bought mine from www.autoanything.com

The same mats are sold at www.macneil.com

Pricing was identical but autoanything gave me a package deal on shipping.

Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
I picked up my 2002 MB EX today. It was a long wait but worth it (I ordered it on 3 Sept and took delivery on 12 Feb). But I bought it through a buying service (UBS) so got a very good deal for my wait. Want to say that Brown's Honda City in Glen Burnie, MD is outstanding to deal with in every respect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by J R Jensen:
...I bought it through a buying service (UBS) so got a very good deal for my wait...</font>
If you don't mind the question, how much did you save? I put a deposit on one today with nav. for $500 below MSRP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 2002EXODY:
Welcome. I received my Weather-tech mats and put them in yesterday. ... The 3rd row mats have to be cut to fit. I still haven't cut them yet. I will try to take pictures sometime this week after I cut them to fit.

Thanks! I also ordered the Weather tech mats from the Canadian distributor, and they arrived the next day. Great floor coverage and solid quality. I havn't cut my third row either ( we have a cold snap happening up here) but it would be a great help if you could post back with the pictures of how you cut yours. Thanks again.



------------------
02 EXL
97 Volvo 850 Wagon
68 Land Rover Series 2A
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top