Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2011 Ody EX-L RSE has about 3,000 miles on it and we love it.

Wife normally drives it, and told me this morning that the last 3 times she's gotten into it in the morning to start it, she smells gas (before she starts it)...... I've never smelled gas, but I rarely drive the car.

Car has 1/4 tank of fuel, has not been filled in a week or so....

Anyone else have this problem or have any thoughts?

There is currently nothing else parked in the garage, and nothing else in the garage appears to be leaking gas (snowblower).

Thanks, Ben

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Move the snowblower and anything else with gas in it outside away from the house and van. I had a friend call me several weeks ago about smelling gas in his house. We searched the whole house and finally found his snowblower sitting outside his back door. The fumes from it were being sucked in the house.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Our 2011 Ody EX-L RSE has about 3,000 miles on it and we love it.

Wife normally drives it, and told me this morning that the last 3 times she's gotten into it in the morning to start it, she smells gas (before she starts it)...... I've never smelled gas, but I rarely drive the car.

Car has 1/4 tank of fuel, has not been filled in a week or so....

Anyone else have this problem or have any thoughts?

There is currently nothing else parked in the garage, and nothing else in the garage appears to be leaking gas (snowblower).

Thanks, Ben
Does the garage have a gas odor at all? Could be from that snow blower or any other gas operated maching in your garage, the odor could be getting into the Van.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No odor in the garage from anything, I will move the snowblower outside over the weekend. I started the van this AM and didn't notice anything unusual. Wonder if she ran over some spilled or leaking gas from another car at the school parking lot or ?? and that we're smelling it from that?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No gas smell in almost two weeks now........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts