Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got our used 2001 EX yesterday and looking at the manual, discovered we have a Canadian model in Kentucky. The auto climate control is in Celcius. We gain headed side mirrors, and a couple display lights are different. Should I be concerned about this? Can the celcius be changed to Farenheit? Help, did the dealer rip me off by not disclosing this?

·
Registered
628 Posts
What did the dealer tell you about the manufacturers warranty on this Odyssey?

------------------
Mike Lowary
Freeport, IL

'02 GG EX-L
splash guards, Honda 6 disc in dash CD changer, Honda fog lights, cargo tray, genuine leather steering wheel cover, Pioneer TS-1695 front speakers

'96 Honda Accord EX
'01 Honda Goldwing ABS
'96 Honda Helix

·
Registered
368 Posts
You got a "gray market" vehicle. If you keep it forever, it probably won't matter much. If you want to trade it in soon, or get it totaled in an accident, it might impact the value that it is a gray market, and not a USA destined vehicle. Otherwise, I think its the same car, but with the heated mirrors, bigger alternator, larger washer tank, etc. The Canadian versions are sold on ebay all the time by platinumautos.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speedo is in MPH. Dealer (not a Honda dealer) said warrenty was in effect. Called Honda service department where it would go, they said warrenty was in effect. Only 3500 miles left on warrenty anyway. Good point in the value issue. I was more comfortable after the service department said okay, but did not know about the gray market value issue with insurance. I don't know if the dealer misrepresented this van on us. Carfax report says the VIN is not marked as gray market. Previous titling was in PA as commercial vehicle (company car?).

[This message has been edited by dknielsen (edited 02-13-2002).]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another update. This evening again contacted Honda dealer to talk to a sales manager and told them the story and that Carfax says not a gray title. The VIN sounded normal them, but they transfered me to service to pull the VIN up on the system. VIN did not pull. This was after 8pm research, but they then thought I may not have warrenty. Will continue the search in the morning with Honda Corp and see what I can find out. Service suggested may only be difference with emission standards. My brother-in-law in a machanic and does not think there would be enough differences to worry about it. My concern is future title issues. It all seems so strange and hope it works out. The Odyssey is in great condition and we want to keep it as long as it won't be giving us headaches for years to come somehow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts