Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 2008 Touring edition from a dealer in SC.
39,200 miles
No PAX
Black exterior/interior leather
a little less $$ than Edmunds Dealer Retail
Condition is excellent, and brought a colleague with me to help inspect it who is a former mechanic.

So far more than pleased with it, and it appears the previous owner kept all records and had it garaged.
All servicing was done at the dealer he bought it from, and traded it to...where I bought it...so feel pretty good about it.

Wondering if there is anything I should be on the look out for and/or maintenance recommendations?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Congrats , I also bought a 08 Touring, Charchol/Blk , 58k Absolutly incrediable vehicles.

Only thing at your mileage might be Trans Service and possible Brake fluid flush

Enjoy,

Al

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Cabin air filter?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Good buy! Yeah I would check if the previous owner did the transmission service, if not then its time! Easy to do, like a oil change minus the filter. And the power steering fluid service also. Honda/Acura recommends every 3 years on PS and Brake Fluid exchange.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Will check those things out.
The Ody will be my wife's, carting around our 3 yr old and new set of twins arriving soon.
I have a Jetta TDI that I do all my fluid/filter changes on. Hopefully fluid/filter changes are pretty easy on the Ody? I have not checked it out yet.

IE, I use a Pela pump for the TDI and don't put it up jacks. I have not taken a good look at the engine compartment yet, but will that be possible, or do you need to put it up to drain the oil?

·
Registered
176 Posts
You can make yourself a cheap set of ramps from 2x8 boards that work very well, there is also some reasonable ones from recycled rubber tires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts