Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just sold our '08 MDX sport/tech to move into an Ody, so to help ease the pain, I'm wrenching a little on the used '09 we recently picked up...

Round 1.

19x8.5 (+35) BBS CK with 245/45R 19 Pirelli NeroZero's.
Perfect fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and one more...

Next mods (on order) are H&R springs, new shocks ('07 EX shocks, '09 touring/pax rear shocks)... and Airlift rear bags,
Alignment, and oh yea, and tint.

This should make it nice enough to hold us out till we get the next Odyssey~

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Moved to the "shoes" forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Man those are sweet, how is the ride with a full load??

I want to get rid of my OEM and get some better looking rims since my tire are almost done

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. (Oh yea, thanks for moving the post to wheels thread DvPatel.. I realized I should have posted there AFTER I posted... )

Anyway, it took a long time searchign for the right wheels and the right deals. 18"s looked a little small for this car, while 20"s looked a bit big. 19"s seem just right.

Anyway, I believe my shocks came today, and just waiting for the H&R springs. Should be here any day now. Hoping to install everything this weekend~

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I got new TPMS sensors from TireRack... not sure what brand.. I have a feeling it's not OEM... but still, as long as they work. PLus I wanted the option to switch back to stock wheels in case I ever need to.

From what I heard so far, Touring have self learning TPMS, as does my Ridgeline RTL. I guess it was a cost issue, reserved for the higher models? Meanwhile, all EX-L, EX, and LX have to be re-sync'd. You can take it to any dealer, or tire service shop and they should have the tools to wake the sensors.

In my case, I wanted the option to re-sync them at home whenever I wanted to, so I got the ATEQ TPM Quickset Rest tool from Tire Rack. You have to link the tool to the car (OBD2 port) and your laptop. This tool lets you wake up the sensors to be sync'd. It can learn up to 4 cars only. No adding or erasing cars. This seems like a pain, but I find it more annoying having to have someone else sync them for me each time I swap. Also, it costs $125 (retail) vs. Bartec Tool's $1800 (retail)

That being said, I got it last night, but didnt have time to even open it up. I also received the H&R Springs too, and my plans are to install the suspension this Sunday. Get alignment Monday, and also sync the TPMS sensors then too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
very nice.

please let us know how the ATEQ TPM Quickset tools works out for you.

i would rather purchase that for $125 then pay the dealer the $60-$100 to resync different tpms sensors.

joel

·
Registered
17 Posts
Those are good looking shoes.

Did you pick them up online or at a local shop?

How is the handling compared to stock?

Why are you doing new shocks? Why did you choose the ones you are going with?

Anyway, looks good and I'm looking forward to the new pics and your review of the ride with new springs and shocks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks...

I got the wheels/tires from Tire Rack.

Handling with just the bigger rims feels fine... slightly more firm.
Handling with H&R's and stock wheels feel great. Less brake dive, less body roll, and you can feel the road a little more... (sporty).
Once the BBS wheels go back on, the ride should firm up a bit more.

I needed new shocks in the fronts so i could use H&R's springs for '05-07 Odyssey's. They haven't released springs for '08-10 yet. And for my picks... its because they have better damping for what I was shooting for.

Once I get the wheels on again, I'll add some more pics~

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Suprisingly, No rubbing whatsoever!

I definitely recommend the a rear airbag regardless... as Honda's rear ends usually sag w/ any load.

·
Registered
606 Posts
CA maybe one place where this makes sense, they seem to have very smooth roads. In Houston, the 18's I have make the steering shake slightly over the concrete sidewalk type "superslab" they put everywhere here. With our roads and massive rainfalls and flooded roadways, I can't see lowering it at all. Airbags...hmm...I'll have to keep reading on that. Sounds good. Rear is OK now and rides really good, much better than my old GM van with a beam axle, don't want to screw that up.

We also just got some Tint law changes, have to check on what I can do. A guy I was talking to just had his truck fail by .5 or whatever as it was slightly too dark now under new law.

S

1 - 18 of 18 Posts