Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the big FedEx truck showed up yesterday...:D Rock Auto was as good as their word, delivery was on time and now my new KYB stuff is HERE! FINALLY!:DD

Just have to work out logistics for switching the struts and springs at work, or renting a compressor.

In a couple weeks, hopefully no more floppy van!:DD

Then, the next project will be to see if I can't substitute some aftermarket urethane swaybar bushings to get rid of the "clunk-clunk-clunk." Stay tooned, I'll post results if something better than stock should work out.;)

Regards,
Shea:)

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I suggest you take a look at the lower arm bushings too, probably worth replacing at the same time. I plan on doing mine this year, they are cracked. There's a good post somewhere on here for how to replace them. The part is number 12 on the Honda site under knuckle. Might as well do 11 too?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suggest you take a look at the lower arm bushings too, probably worth replacing at the same time. I plan on doing mine this year, they are cracked. There's a good post somewhere on here for how to replace them. The part is number 12 on the Honda site under knuckle. Might as well do 11 too?
That's probably a good idea....HOWEVER.... It's taken me two years of knowing my struts were gone before I was allowed to spend the money.:nothappy: These things have to be "crept up on" by me, unfortunately....:nothappy: When I've got the struts off, I'll run the control arms through the range of motion to see if any excessive movement or tearing is evident. At least then I'll know "what's next." :rollingeyes:

I'll have to rent a strut compressor, unfortunately I can't sneak in on a Saturday and switch 'em at work.

Thanks for the tip on the other bushings!

Regards,

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
That's probably a good idea....HOWEVER.... It's taken me two years of knowing my struts were gone before I was allowed to spend the money.:nothappy: These things have to be "crept up on" by me, unfortunately....:nothappy: When I've got the struts off, I'll run the control arms through the range of motion to see if any excessive movement or tearing is evident. At least then I'll know "what's next." :rollingeyes:

I'll have to rent a strut compressor, unfortunately I can't sneak in on a Saturday and switch 'em at work.

Thanks for the tip on the other bushings!

Regards,
The arm bushings are only $10 and $13 a piece. Small potatoes compared to the struts. I know mine are cracked but I needed the van back on the road so left them for this year.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, the big FedEx truck showed up yesterday...:D Rock Auto was as good as their word, delivery was on time and now my new KYB stuff is HERE! FINALLY!:DD

Just have to work out logistics for switching the struts and springs at work, or renting a compressor.

In a couple weeks, hopefully no more floppy van!:DD

Then, the next project will be to see if I can't substitute some aftermarket urethane swaybar bushings to get rid of the "clunk-clunk-clunk." Stay tooned, I'll post results if something better than stock should work out.;)

Regards,
Hi,
Are you replacing the strut mounts too? Anything else being replaced? How much did shipping cost you? Were there extra taxes or duties involved in crossing the border?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
theodydude,

Sorry, I didn't notice that you hadn't posted to my "other" thread...:rollingeyes: Guess I shouldn't have started two....;)

When I ordered from rockauto.com,they automatically calculated my shipping costs for me.

Yes, I replaced the upper strut mounts at the same time as doing the struts. In my opinion, NOT replacing them at this time would be false economy. My old ones (originals) were all rusty and "gunky" for lack of a better term...They would have been loose or noisy in no time. The KYB mounts I used were only about $15-$20 apiece, IIRC.

Regards,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts