Honda Odyssey Forum banner

661 - 680 of 706 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'll be ordering Continental CrossContact LX20's today from my local dealer. They pushed me away from Goodyears as a whole, as they said they have a lot of trouble with them. Things like being hard to balance, keep balance, being out of round and also tread separation issues. They also recommended some Firestone Destination LE2's as they have good luck with them on SUV's and small trucks and they offer a 235/65/16. I chose the Continentals based on their high review points for winter driving where our van feels pretty strange. We agreed to $650 cash and they are 2 miles from my house. I like to stay local.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello All,

I am looking to replace all the 4 tires on my 2013 Honda Odyssey. The OEM tires "Continental Procontact" have almost worn out at 25,000 miles. Not sure if this is due to these being OEM. I am looking at All-Season tires with majority of the driving in Dallas, TX with some long distance drives. I have zeroed in on two options(considering the price points) - Continental Procontact and Bridgestone Dueler Alenza plus. Pls provide any inputs you may have on these tires or other recommendations you may have. I am looking at at mid-tier/range(neither too cheap nor too expensive) but something that provides good handling, driving comfort, and less road noise.

Any inputs you provide will be very helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am due to replace my tires on 2013 TE. I have not read 44 pages yet but will try to read most pages in few days.

For my 2006 EX-L, I replace OEM tires with Yokohama.

I am planning to use Yokohama again this time...At Discount Tire, the best one they have is Yokohama YK580 for $152/ea. Any members here are using this tire?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Another question is do I have to pay TPMS rebuild kit every time replace a new tire? It's $8/per tire.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I am due to replace my tires on 2013 TE. I have not read 44 pages yet but will try to read most pages in few days.

For my 2006 EX-L, I replace OEM tires with Yokohama.

I am planning to use Yokohama again this time...At Discount Tire, the best one they have is Yokohama YK580 for $152/ea. Any members here are using this tire?
We had those on our 2009 CRV as recommended my America's Tire. They were fine but I traded the car in after approximately 10K miles so I don't know how long they would have lasted. Still looked new at trade-in.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have had michelin defender on my Odyssey since they came out in 2012. They barely made through last winter. I thought of getting a cheaper set of wi ter and keeping these for another 2 summers until I trade the Odyssey but I am considering g instead of getting a set of continental truecontact . their reviews seem excellent. Tempted as their snow and ice traction seem to be better than the defenders. I have another 3 months to decide, but it most likely gonna end up being the choice

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
I (finally) put on a set of new General Altimax RT43 a week before the Fourth. Then on the Fourth long weekend we did a camping trip which put on about 400 miles on the new tires. Love them ! Super quiet, grippy (and getting better as the miles roll on), predictable & accurate handling. Even the gas mileage *seems* better (I've not tracked it accurately, 'tho).

See the adjacent threads on the RT43: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4089578

And if Tire Rack likes RT43 better than all its competitors .......... you can't lose.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Costco has Bridgestone - Ecopia EP422 PLUS for $70 off for 4 currently. Anyone has any experience with these? Currently I have Bridgestone Potenza on my 2006 and looking for replacement. I wish they have the discount for the Defender.

·
Registered
275 Posts
After checking out reviews, here and tirerack as well as some other places, I went ahead and purchased a set of General Altimax RT43 from America's Tire. Tirerack is currently has these with $50 Visa rebate but after factoring in the shipping cost and drive to another place to have the mount and balance, I found America's Tire can order these for just a little more. Since they are right next to my work, I can just drop off the van and have it work on then walk back and pick it up. The free rotation, balancing included will eventually even out the price differences.

·
Registered
9 Posts
defenders

I thought I'd post an update. I ended up getting 43,000 miles out of my Michelin Defenders on a 2008 EXL. The are at the wear bars now. I'll be getting about $300 back at Discount Tire. I was very happy with everything about these tires but I was hoping to get more life out of them (I never expected 90K). I got about 40K out of the original Michelins. About 20 out of some Kumhos, and about 45K on the Yokohama Avid Touring S.

I'm trying to decide between the Dunlop Signature II, General Altimax RT43 and the Continental TrueContact, or …. maybe another set of Defenders.

Good Luck to you all,
Joe

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've got about 45K on my Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Tourings. They have worn very well with low noise. If say they have about 10k left in them. I'm typically an all Michelin type of guy and only want the best on my vehicles, but the Defenders were not available at the time of purchase. I never thought I'd put Gooyears on anything but the reviews on this model (and $450 price) talked me into it. Now on the tail end of the life and I feel it was a good deal and would recommend to a friend. Here are some pics of the wear at 45K.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
You might want to consider the Cooper CS5 Grand Touring. This is the 5th set of tires on my Odyssey and after 6000 miles I can say they have been the best so far.
I put Coopers on the wife's Lexus RX 350 and my Dakota truck, and they are excellent tires

·
Registered
48 Posts
Where do you get the Coopers? Who sells them?
Discount tire I know sells them. Another way you could go is to find dealer take offs. I have friends and family in the car business and have snagged a few sets of tires for under $400 a set. My odyssey is currently riding on some cooper cs4 touring tires from a crv. Full set for $325, 10/32 tread depth, two years old, and still had some of the small nibs from the mold on the tread. FWIW I love them, great ride, quiet, handle well, and seem to be wearing very nicely.

If you do decide to buy (lightly) used tires be VERY careful. Check the condition of the bead (tires must NOT be mounted), check inside of the tire for plugs or any damage, check sidewalls, check tread depth on both edges of the tires (looking for any excess/abnormal wear), and CHECK DATE CODES. I personally don't buy anything more than two years old.

661 - 680 of 706 Posts