Honda Odyssey Forum banner

681 - 700 of 706 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Great video on the Michelin - Primacy MXV4 tires, hope this helps.
It's on my van now too. It's about little over $200/ea from DiscountTire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just changed the old tires on my 2006 Odyssey EX-L. After much deliberation between Yokohama YK 580 and Cooper CS5, i finally settled for the Coopers because of the very quiet ride from many reliable reviews (MotorTrend, Consumer Reviews etc). The yk 580 are great performance tires but you get more thread life from the CS5.

Picked up a set of 4 from Tread Depot for $400, shipping included and had them installed for $25 a piece. The smoothest and quietest ride i had in a while not to talk of superb handling in heavy rain and dry land. I have heard a lot of sad stories from Michelins and Cooper did a great job of re-inventing and improving on earlier CS3.

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Remember that tires get hard with age and combined with the decreased tread depth will tend to generate more tire noise. So there is an expected decrease in tire noise with a change to a fresh set of tires. Time will confirm that the GYs are truly quiter. Michelins are notorious for getting noisy with age. I would be SOOOOO happy with 40K miles on a set of tires on a 5000 lb vehicle. You must have worn those tires down to the nubs. I have PAX (sob, sob)
I have PAX too :( we're switching them out soon though.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Ditto on the Primacy. I've gotten 65K miles out of my first set and 60k on my present tires. Still going. I figure I'll change them in a few months/1000 miles.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got Goodyear Assurance ComforTread on my 2000 Odyssey. Got good rebate (160$) after opening the card. Also the dealer matched the online price from good years website.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I absolutely hated the Michelin Defenders I had on my '05 for the last 2 winters. I put a set of TrueContacts on a couple of months ago and can very happily report they performed splendidly in the nasty snow/sleet Milwaukee experienced today.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Anybody with Continental TrueContacts wants to do an update after a year with tires?
I would appreciate your feedback,
thanks
Max

·
Registered
22 Posts
FYI, my Michelin Defender XTs (the Costco/Sam's version of the Defender) need replacing after 60,000 miles, so I headed to Costco today since I was happy with them and there's a $70 off coupon for Michelins this month. Turns out the Defender XT has been discontinued, at least as far as Costco goes. Thankfully I called down to another Costco and they still have three sets in stock, so I'll go there first thing tomorrow. The Michelin Defender on Tire Rack is also on closeout.

I haven't seen any news items about Michelin discontinuing the Defender, but if you want them, go get them now. The only other Michelins Costco has in stock are the Energy LX4.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the GY Assurance ComfortTread in 2012. They are disintegrating after 15K miles and the road noise is nearly unbearable!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anybody with Continental TrueContacts wants to do an update after a year with tires?
I would appreciate your feedback,
thanks
Max
I don't have them on the Odyssey we just bought, but I have 25,000 miles with TrueContacts on my Prius. Best tire I've ever had. Smooth, quiet, handles great in the Utah snow/rain, and at 25,000 miles my tread is still at 9/32. 100% will be buying these for any vehicle that they fit.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I don't have them on the Odyssey we just bought, but I have 25,000 miles with TrueContacts on my Prius. Best tire I've ever had. Smooth, quiet, handles great in the Utah snow/rain, and at 25,000 miles my tread is still at 9/32. 100% will be buying these for any vehicle that they fit.
Thanks for info.
I went ahead and put TrueContacts on Ody in January. So far so good. I can't say the noise is more or less. It sounds about the same. Ody is a noisy van.
The new tire is obviously better than nearly worn out previous set of Mastercrafts.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I bought the GY Assurance ComfortTread in 2012. They are disintegrating after 15K miles and the road noise is nearly unbearable!
I read your post and gotta say, in order to take it seriously, it would be useful if you provided some detailed information.
You put 15k miles on a set of tires in 4 years and say they are disintegrating?!
What does it mean? Can you provide pictures?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the Goodyear Assuance UltraTour from Discount Tire (it is exclusive to their stores, from what I can tell). I have had them for about 5 months and 3k miles. They are quiet and required very little weight to balance (about 3 ozs on each wheel). I will provide updates as I get some more miles on them.

Here is a link:
http://www.discounttire.com/goodyear-assurance-ultratour-all-season.html

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
My Pirelli Scorpions are cupping after 25K miles. Suspect it's the rear shocks as the road noise was worst on the rear. Looks like I will be replacing some rear shocks soon. Tires themselves have proven to be good as no vibration even at high speeds. Just road noise is high and the source seems to be from the cupping. Could be the tires but after 147K miles it's likely the rear shocks and possibly soon the front struts.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Switched to PIRELLI SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON PLUS XL's and love them. See other post here on them:

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/54-2011-odyssey/260529-replacement-tires-2013-ex-l.html

I have about 30K miles on these now. The tires have been making more and more road noise as time goes on. I rotate every oil change so I know that is not the problem. Had it full alignment at the time of the tires being added. Firestone tells me the tires are cupping. Mainly in the inside tread and you can feel an angle to the tread. I think it's the tires as my last set of Michelins easily got 60K miles without any problems. Now I have half as much and can't wait for these things to wear out!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just changed my stock Continental CONTIPROCONTACT with Cooper CS5 Grand Touring earlier this week on my 2012 EX-L with 45500 miles.
I have the stock Continental Contiprocontact on our 2014 Ody. Looking at the Cooper CS5 Grand Touring now. Let us know what you think of them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ended up purchasing a set of Cooper CS5 Grand Touring tires. Found a sale price and got my local shop to match it for $640 for 4 tires. Can't really tell much difference yet between these and the Contiprocontacts. Road noise was low and grip was good in the small bit or driving we did over the weekend. We got 50K miles out of our Contiprocontacts, so hoping to get a little more out of the CS5 GT's.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I'm looking at a set of Michelin Defenders for my 2006 Ody EXL. The Defender and Defender XT from Costco have a different tread pattern. Is one better than the other or does it really matter.

681 - 700 of 706 Posts