Honda Odyssey Forum banner

701 - 706 of 706 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm looking at a set of Michelin Defenders for my 2006 Ody EXL. The Defender and Defender XT from Costco have a different tread pattern. Is one better than the other or does it really matter.
I have Michelin Defender in my 2005 EXL. It is a great set of tires (quiet and nice driving) but it would not last long. I do not know the difference between the two. Costco and/or Sam's always get their own name code from Michelin, I guess. I got mine ("Defender") on August 2015 purchased from Sears but they are already worn out (4/32" front and 3/32" rear) and I am ready to get another set of tires soon after only 36000 miles on it. Before 2015 I had the same Michelin Defender, which did not last long either with less than 40k miles. My Michelin experience may be consistent with others if you can check in this forum.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Same here with the Defenders on our Oddy. Replacing them this week. They have about 50k on them @ 4/32nd. Great tire. Guy at Discount Tire said Oddys are just hard on tires because of their weight.

Sent from my Samsung Note 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the Goodyear Assurance UltraTour from Discount Tire (it is exclusive to their stores, from what I can tell).

Here is a link:
http://www.discounttire.com/goodyear-assurance-ultratour-all-season.html
I replaced these several weeks ago with right at 20k miles on them. I am very thankful for treadwear warranties. I replaced them with the Michelin Defenders and noticed an immediate improvement in ride quality and noise. That will be the last set of Goodyears on any of my vehicles.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Coming back to update the thread with my experience. Installed Continental TrueContact tires back in 2016, just had them replaced. Car traveled 58588 miles on Contis. I rotate tires every oil change, which I do based on MM system. So tires were rotated every 5-7k. Two tires were worn out to the wear marks and two tires were probably 1/32 above wear marks. With winter coming to CT, the tires needed to be replaced. Having stayed on top of rotations and correct inflation, these tires still performed well short of 80k miles wear warranty. That said, they seemed to have done a bit better than some of the other reports?!
I decided to give Cooper CS5 GT a try and had them installed. Time will tell how they perform.
Anybody on Coopers who wants to give an update after having them on a year or two?

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have Coopers on my '07 and '03. They have worked very well for us. I think I only have about 17K on the '07 tires. The '03 are new as they replaced an old CS5 set that went about 75K miles. Like others, I try to watch the tread and replace before winter if I need to given the winter snow situation here in MN.

701 - 706 of 706 Posts