Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 06 EX-L with 54k from a dealer after my well used 98 Olds Silo (200k) started giving me transmission problems.

I am a shadetree mechanic and have maintained / repaired my Silo myself, so I researched this van and knew about the VCM motor mount issue, which my van needed when I bought it however it still had a bit of warrenty left on it. Much better after getting it fixed.

Still wife and I can't belive how nice the van is and it still does not have the auto headlights or trip computer of my 98 GM van - incredible.

But that aside, it runs great and handles well, we got 25mpg on a trip to inlaws at 70 with full on ac.

nice forum.

other cars,

'00 Olds Intrigue GLS
'07 Saturn Sky Redline project car

·
Registered
511 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome. I have the same model year as yours in red (forget the exact color name). What color did you get?

Read your other post. Glad it came out the way it did! Whew.

Ques: How were you able to tell that the motor mounts were bad?

~Mindoro

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
engine mounts

Well it was pretty obvious. When pullling away from stop the steering wheel would have vibrations from the engine, and it made more racket than you would expect from a Honda. You could also put brake on and use a little throttle to get engine to 1200-1300 rpm or so and hear the racket and feel vibrations. I had heard about the motor mount issue so this made sense to me.

It also would vibrate and make noises in ECM mode when engine was pulling (not coasting).

My van is the rock red or whatever they called it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
That's it - Red Rock Pearl. I have none of the vibrations you mention. So I think I'm good for now - but gee for how long??? Stinks that I have to worry about these things coming from a Honda.

Anyway, welcome again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
another '06 EX-L owner

I have a dark grey color. I am new to this Ody club. I am glad there are so many people love their Odys. I bought my used at the end of '07. It has been great ride with all the room and the auto open side doors comes in handy.

Nice to hear about your ride and sharing infos.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vestman

Hey, yea its all good, learned a lot in a short time - sometimes too much (worry?)! LOL

You may want to add a rock screen in front of your radiator / condenser, just remove the popup things on the cover and trim and slide one in. A lot of folks have had rocks blow the condenser and $$$$ to fix AC, the mesh (like 1/4") should help, try to use a zip tie to attach to the power steering lines to keep it away for more protection.

·
Registered
5 Posts
mindoro & Dirkdaddy

Thanks for the great hint. I use to put screen type material (use for screen doors) in front of my other cars' radiator, but I did not think of doing in for the ody because it is so little space.

BTW- Thanks for the welcome and my ody is an '06 just like you guys, but got it in '07. Still under 50k miles. It is mostly a weekend and long trip car.

Do you guys know how to keep the fan speed for the A/C to stay set when I turn off the A/C without have to reset it each time I turn on the A/C?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts