Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been lurking here for a few weeks as I was researching buying a new minivan for our family. My brother-in-law showed up at the last family function with a 2005 EX-L with Entertainment system which got me interested in Odysseys. I currently have a Vibe and my wife has a Grand Cherokee Laredo with 4.7L V8 and full time 4 wheel drive. We have 3 girls and neither of our current vehicles was suited to the size of our family. A couple weeks ago I found an 03 Odyssey with 15,000 miles for a decent price at our local CarMax. It had a clean Carfaxx and looked like a brand new van so I pulled the trigger on it. I've never been a van guy but I really love this Van! I instantly upgraded the factory CD player to a 7in touchscreen with DVD,Bluetooth,USB,Aux stereo that outputs to a 20in overhead monitor mounted between the Front and 2nd row seats. I could have gotten by with a 12 in monitor but my older girls both sit in the back seal all the time so I wanted to make sure they had the best experience. I have to say that 20 in is more than enough. I also added a backup camera because when the monitor is down you can't see anything from the rear view mirror. I plan on adding new speakers, leather seat covers, cargo area mat and transmission cooler in the near future. I would also like to add an inverter and XBox360 so the girls can play games while we are on trips. My username Philman is my standard forum username. I live in Cincnnati,OH and there is a local "head" shop called Philmans and so people have been calling me that since high school. Even though I don't partake in the "hippie lettuce" anymore the name stuck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope It only had 15k miles. I didn't believe it at first either. I'm guessing it belonged to a grandma or something. The car is pristine. Not one scratch, not one stain on the carpet or seats. Looks like a brand new 2003 odyssey.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
13k. I had it checked out at the dealer just to make sure everything was good. Oil was changed the day before I looked at it. I'm going to have a tranny cooler put on just for peace of mind, so I will have them change out the fluid then. I also purhased a warranty just in case the tranny takes a dump before 150,000 miles.

·
Registered
632 Posts
That van must be just for display by the previous owner. 2003 and 15k miles? Did you won the lottery on that? Welcome to the club.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts