Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to buy a 2012 van in southern california. I live in palm springs and willing to drive. I have come across "lifetime powertrain warranty" what is this and should i get it. Exteneded warranty? Need it? What about the transmission horror stories, they true? Stay at home mom and in unfamilar territory. thank you! I need all the help i can get and get the ball rolling!
Melissa t

·
Registered
216 Posts
Want to buy a 2012 van in southern california. I live in palm springs and willing to drive. I have come across "lifetime powertrain warranty" what is this and should i get it. Exteneded warranty? Need it? What about the transmission horror stories, they true? Stay at home mom and in unfamilar territory. thank you! I need all the help i can get and get the ball rolling!
Melissa t
Shop online and you will be able to buy at invoice. Don't need extra warranties. Stick with LX/EX/EXL and the tried and true 5-speed to avoid any transmission issues, as the most recent complaints I have heard have all been on the 6-speed in the Touring. There's my two cents. Good luck, you'll love the van. 2012 EX is the best value on the road in my opinion.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah, I dunno about Daniel's advice. Can you call Honda's 5 speed transmission "tried and true"? I mean, search "Odyssey transmission problem" and see how many pop up on the "tried and true" 5 speed from the previous model.

We're getting the extended warranty for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are to. The dealership offered 7 years 100,000 for 1550. do i have to go with them. Also he quoated a price 33,300 out the door including taxes and all mats and seat covers! Good price?

·
Registered
159 Posts
@Melissa, You do not need to go with the selling dealer. If you look under the "Warranty Talk" section there are a lot of threads about extended warranties. Since you are in CA, I don't think you can go with the recommended guy @ Hyannis Honda. I've heard Curry and Saccucci can do CA (I'm not sure who the right contacts are - I'm interested too since I'm in Norcal and haven't bought the extended warranty). You can buy a new-car from now up until 6K miles from what I can tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts