Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings All!

A minivan board? You got to be kidding me right?! j/k

I never imagine the day will come but a couple weeks ago, I picked up a very well maintain 2001 Odyssey EX with 62K miles. I can't lie but I have been very happy with this purchase as we have a 4 month old baby.

I am the third owner. I bought it from a local who was leaving the country after his work contract expired. The previous two owners have maintain this vehicle from day one @ the Honda dealer with all service records. Carfax and Autocheck was clean. The condition in and out is near perfect for a decade old car. Heck, I even got navi and a ceiling mounted DVD screen. :) I love the powersliding doors and all the space. We also have a dog and often take road trips and a van is great.

We were about to purchase a 2007 with the same miles but stumbled upon this at the last minute and we couldn't pass over this deal. I am very well aware of the transmission issue with the earlier models and didn't even consider a second gen at first. I'll be doing religious maintenance and crossing my fingers. First thing I got for this van was a factory service manual. I got a few mods in mind and first up is the lamin-x yellow fog light film. I won't go all out crazy as this is our family weekend car.

My modded 2003 Subaru Forester is now my wife's daily driver and I got her 2001 beat-to-death Honda Civic as my daily cruiser. Go figure.

There's a lot of good info on here and I have lots to learn. I am hoping to keep this van for a very long time.

Here's a crappy cell phone pic.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats on the purchase & new little one Trey! Nice looking van (but i'm biased).

Welcome aboard and let us know if you have any questions!

Andy

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Welcome to the site! Check out the link in my signature line below on info on our 2001s...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good write up you got there New Dad New Van. I got the service manual and access to All Data but info compiled in one place is even better!

I am thinking whether I should do the timing belt since it has been 10 years. The car originated in sunny CA and later driven to WA after a couple years. The T-rated touring tires are killing me in terms of handling but I know I have to keep it on to keep the wife happy. :p

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
I have the same mileage as you and in the same dilemma re the timing belt. I have decided to replace the timing belt this fall or next spring along with the water pump, cam seals, crank seal, PS and Alt belts, dipstick O-ring and thermostat (trying to find a Motorad 180º). Some replace the TB tensioner and idler pulley as well but I am not.

I will wait on the spark plugs as they are decent quality and will aim for 105,000 miles. I have already reseated them last year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts