Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Touring Elite
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
So a little back story, I first found this place back in August 2018 when I had a 2010 Ody EXL-Res with NAV
I was the second owner At 32,000 miles on the dash clean inside and out.
the muzzle was placed at about 36,000 miles and I never looked back after that.
the car served my family well and on the highway was doing 55 plus easy with just a slight touch of the gas pedal.

just a happy motor and trans I got lucky.
On March 22nd of this year on my way to work, a bread truck( tank) from a dead lane on the highway pull out into my lane with no turn signals and no warning whatsoever.
as slow as only a bread truck can manage, long story short a very clean now 80.340 miles odyssey was totaled by my insurance because of major front end undercarriage and upper and lower A-pillar frame damage to the front passenger side will cost more than 75 percent of payout price for the vehicle.

With this current crazy Seller's market, I spent a month of sleepless nights trying to weed through all the lies and overpriced odysseys, fake carfax claiming no accidents on cars that have 2 and 3 accidents, or salvaged titles. After one month when I was ready to give up and buy a Vespa...no lie, I got overwhelmed with work, family, and a compact rental car..... plus finding a replacement for my odyssey. I said one more search, really.... just one more, and I am done!!

2015 odyssey Touring Elite, private owner.... not looking to sell but will for the right person and right price.
I drove 2 hours in a rental car to see the Ody.. clean inside and out, the top of the engine is clean and no sign of oil or leaks anywhere
drove the car and it was like I was right back into my 2010 EXL all over again

right person.... right price. 83.000 miles I am very lucky, very grateful, and very happy to have had such an experience as a buyer in this crazy seller's market.
where the seller basically gave me the car for less than he could have made from the dealer and or CarGurus. He wanted the car to have a good home.
I may not post much. But I have gained much knowledge from this forum and it's about time I say hello...
thank you for everyone's post I have read over all these years and will continue to read.
thank you

Drac

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
4,529 Posts
This gives me hope that maybe I'll find a listing like this one day and find the car I've been trying to find for more than a year now.

Make sure to disable VCM on your newly acquired van.

·
Registered
2015 Touring Elite
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This gives me hope that maybe I'll find a listing like this one day and find the car I've been trying to find for more than a year now.

Make sure to disable VCM on your newly acquired van.
Yes after the car was towed off the Highway the first thing I removed before any of my belongings was the VCMTuner lol.
The vans are out there in a garage somewhere waiting for their next owner, look at local listings as well don't stick to only the computer search.
most grandparents buy these vans for when they have the grandkids. Then they just want to sell or trade out.
Both my Odysseys are from older people whose grandkids are now driving and don't need to be driven around anymore.
what are you looking for if you don't mind me asking?
many can easily accomplish much faster than one person can. plus location is key.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
4,529 Posts
what are you looking for if you don't mind me asking?
I am just looking for a daily driver sedan to replace my Accord after it was wrecked a little more than a year ago. It's been hard to find anything that fits what I'm looking for without paying an insane amount of money for it.

·
Registered
2015 Touring Elite
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am just looking for a daily driver sedan to replace my Accord after it was wrecked a little more than a year ago. It's been hard to find anything that fits what I'm looking for without paying an insane amount of money for it.
Yeah, I know what you mean, an insane amount of people out there as well.
I will keep an eye and ear out. sorry about the wreck. I see way too many people on cell phones driving cars, and trucks on the road these days.
not a safe place anymore with this generation not all of them but most are always on the phone.
thank you very much WiiMaster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts