Honda Odyssey Forum banner

New to the club NEED SOME HELP OR ADVICE ON THE WHITE DVD NAVIGATION SYSTEM UPDATE

2380 Views 30 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Boogety Boogety
Hey everyone I'm new to the community I just bought me a 2007 honda odyssey touring and I have never ever been in love with a car until now and I'm 32 I have owned many cars but my love for this honda is beyond any love I have ever had lmfao 🤣❤🤣❤🤣❤🤣❤🙃 anyway with that being said does anyone know if I buy the 2021 navigation dvd update will it make my dvd player play on the screen and the lines appear in my back up camera I have searched so hard for this answer and haven't been able to get any answers just wondering if it updates the entire system? Also idk if my van has bluetooth capability I don't see the word bluetooth anywhere and no phone emblems anywhere anyways thanks so much for reading this and taking time to help in advance ❤❤❤❤❤
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
Bolt - 2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
7,291 Posts
Make sure to muzzle the VCM!

· Registered
2007 Odyssey Touring
679 Posts
@Anna B welcome to the forum.

The 2007 Touring doesn't have Bluetooth built in (I'm not sure if any Gen3 Odys do) but you can add an inexpensive Bluetooth Receiver and connect it to your AUX input which on your vehicle is in the compartment next to the third row seat. This is a thread on the topic. I use the product described in post #10 and further down discuss how I cabled it. Best Bluetooth Setup with aux port

I agree with @WiiMaster about disabling VCM on EX-L and Touring Odysseys of this generation, and all trims on later models. There are numerous threads on the topic in the forum. Here is a thread I started about the product I use and which is highly recommended: VCMTuner II

I don't understand your question about the DVD playing on the screen. It will never play on the navigation screen in the dash. There should be no problem with it playing on the screen on the ceiling in front of the second row seats. I doubt if you are having problems playing DVDs on this screen that it has anything to do with the NAV screen disc not being up to date.

I can't help you with the backup camera lines question. I have the original map data that came from the factory, and have always over the years either used a Garmin GPS with free map updates or now my smartphone to get turn by turn directions - much less expensive than a single update and get traffic based routing to boot. Sometimes I'll still use the built in Map in addition to my phone just to get a bigger overview.

· Registered
243 Posts
I installed one aftermarket backup camera on my other car. That camera has a loop wire. If you don't like to see the lines you cut the loop open.

· Registered
7,291 Posts
The 2007 Touring doesn't have Bluetooth built in (I'm not sure if any Gen3 Odys do)
I believe it was added with the 2008 facelift.

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Hey everyone I'm new to the community I just bought me a 2007 honda odyssey touring and I have never ever been in love with a car until now and I'm 32 I have owned many cars but my love for this honda is beyond any love I have ever had lmfao 🤣❤🤣❤🤣❤🤣❤🙃 anyway with that being said does anyone know if I buy the 2021 navigation dvd update will it make my dvd player play on the screen and the lines appear in my back up camera I have searched so hard for this answer and haven't been able to get any answers just wondering if it updates the entire system? Also idk if my van has bluetooth capability I don't see the word bluetooth anywhere and no phone emblems anywhere anyways thanks so much for reading this and taking time to help in advance ❤❤❤❤❤
Yeah, the love of fatherhood lol. For the money, the 2007 Touring model does offer a lot.
No, the 2021 Navi disc only updates your Navi map and bios so it could play the updated maps. It does not update your dvd player or your backup camera. While the backup camera share the same screen with the navi, your dvd player for the RES (Rear Entertainment System) should not have anything to do with the navi system. The screen does fold down backward so you could load your CD changer.

2007 Touring does not have Bluetooth.

· Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for all the awesome feedback I seriously love this van I could go on for days about the love I have for it I drove my kids to the park just now and put a dvd in and watched it while messing with everything I can't wait to take it up to the body shop and get everything done to it my front passenger side fender where it alerts me if things are close has a dent in it so it says that something's approaching the vehicle on that side at all times so I can not wait to fix that I also am looking for a middle removable second row seat in tan leather I'll probably go to the shop first and order on ebay worst case my van came with the lazy Susan and no middle seat anywhere that I can find anyways thanks everyone for the advice and information I feel super blessed❤❤❤❤ I didn't realize exactly what I was getting myself into I'm sure glad I did it it does have 190 thousand miles on it but still better than some vans I have driven for miles and miles

· Registered
1,813 Posts
I use bluetooth receiver and 15ft 3.5mm to RCA cable and it works well enough as I do not really use it to make calls, just listen to music.
Navigation upgrade will not add line to the backup display so I would not bother with upgrade disk as in urban area, one would just use WAZE or Google maps via phone to get navigation and rural areas where there is no cell signal where in car navigation will help rarely have road changes.

· Administrator
15,421 Posts
Regardless of the map update year, you will not get any lines to show up on that system. The NAV system in these 3rd gens was one of the first ones offered with a 7" screen in a minivan and as an option in a non-luxury brand. The system lacks the ability to do the lines etc. If you are looking to update the Navigation DVD for the lines, please save your money and welcome to the OdyClub.

· Registered
2007 Odyssey Touring
679 Posts
I also am looking for a middle removable second row seat in tan leather I'll probably go to the shop first and order on ebay worst case my van came with the lazy Susan and no middle seat anywhere that I can find
This is going to be a problem. The 2007 Touring did not offer a seat to go between the 2 seats in the middle row. The problem is there is no seat belt to use with it. I found this out myself when a friend gave us one which they had in their garage after their Odyssey (think it was an EX-L) was totaled. I gave it away after I learned I didn't have a belt.

· Registered
7,291 Posts
I do wonder what it'd take to swap in the headliner with seatbelt from one of the models that did come with it. Or maybe just retrofitting the seatbelt part into the existing headliner. Not sure how worth it it'd be, but it would be cool to see.

· Registered
1,813 Posts
One thing about the Touring model from '07. Confirm what type of tire it has as they originally came with PAX tires (type of runflat tires) with no spare. At this point, the previous owner should have done couple of things, 1, spare tire should have been purchased and installed (it should have been free from Honda as there was class action suit and this was part of settlement), 2. PAX tires should have been replaced with non-PAX tires (which requires wheel swap).

· Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys for all the feedback because I was wondering about that seat belt situation 😊 I swear since u guys say that whoever had this van before me took extra good care of it even the headphones are in it has anyone tried using a rca to hdmi converter and using like a roku or anything in the rear entertainment center??? Jw because I was gonna give that a try ❤❤🎂

· Registered
1,813 Posts
Thanks guys for all the feedback because I was wondering about that seat belt situation 😊 I swear since u guys say that whoever had this van before me took extra good care of it even the headphones are in it has anyone tried using a rca to hdmi converter and using like a roku or anything in the rear entertainment center??? Jw because I was gonna give that a try ❤❤🎂
I have used RCA connector to plug in my WII (Original one) one time while travelling and my kids played various games on it without any issues..
I have also used a small Android based media player to play videos (from a USB hard drive - does not use data). Issue with ROKU is that it expects WIFI connection to play most of the content. I GUESS if you have one of those plans with no restrictions in tethered/hotspot data, I guess it could work.

· Registered
7,291 Posts
I have used RCA connector to plug in my WII (Original one) one time while travelling and my kids played various games on it without any issues..
Must have been interesting playing Wii games while sitting down in a car...

· Registered
3,179 Posts
I recall seeing a thread about using Chromecast plugged into the rear outlets.

Reactions: 1024124

· Registered
7,291 Posts

· Registered
2,890 Posts
Anna, before you spend money fixing the cosmetics of the van, drive it for awhile, and make sure it has no major mechanical issues. Does it burn oil? Do you know the previous owner? Did you get a mechanical inspection before you bought the van? Do you have the Carfax for the van?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.