Honda Odyssey Forum banner

New to the Forum and New to Honda Odysseys

426 17
Good Afternoon (Morning, Evening, etc.),

Thank you for having me in your forum.

In my younger days, I scoffed at the Soccer Mom vans. Then, in 2010 after our second daughter arrived, I bought a 2002 Dodge Caravan. From that moment I was a convert. It was comfortable, rode well, and was much better on gas than my previous Land Yachts.

Over the next 12 years, I grew to desire what I believed to be the best-looking minivan I had ever seen; the Honda Odyssey. But, they were always cost-prohibitive.

A couple of weeks ago, our Ford Freestar (I will NEVER have another Ford, but that is a different story) gave up the ghost. Thus I began my search, in earnest, for a Japanese replacement. This weekend my wife and I drove down to Hallandale to look at a 2001 that I found on Craigslist.

It is purported to be an original owner vehicle with 156K on the odometer.

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive design

Plant Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Window

Automotive tire Window Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

Speedometer Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tachometer

Vehicle Speedometer Gauge Measuring instrument Motor vehicle

To be honest, I am having some buyer's remorse because it is such an old vehicle. But, it did seem like a really good price and appears to be well-kept. Anyway, I'm not too mechanically inclined but I can do basic maintenance and change some bits as needed.

I hope to learn more about the van so I joined this forum as soon as I found it.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I look forward to my time here.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts