Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2007 Honda Odyssey with 137,000. The van has sat for four years due to the previous owner getting a new family car and now I’m in the process of getting it running right. I drained the gas, changed the oil, oil filter, air filter and it starts and runs but I’m maxing out at 3,000 rpm and I have an abs, vsa, and engine light on. I have checked the fuses, relays, and electrical connections coming from the throttle body and I can’t seem to manually put it into a relearn for idle and mixtures. Any tips? Is this a common issue? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,300 Posts
Trim level would help.

Throttle body idle relearns require a bidirectional scan tool.

If your van is equipped with VCM I would not be surprised if that is the cause of your issues. Again, trim level is key.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Muzzle the VCM if you have an EX-L or Touring model.
drain and fill the transmission fluid multiple times.

Replace the timing belt with an Aisin kit.

probably would benefit from brake service and perhaps new tires.

the cabin air filter is often overlooked.

Flush the power steering fluid.

Have the fault codes read and let us know what they are.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
If it is 3000 rpm in neutral, that's probably how it was designed. My Chrysler van was the same way.

Have you read the engine codes?

Check for rodents that may have chewed wires.

If you can drive it, which you should be able to, take it to a shop and have it put on a lift.

If there is a problem with the ABS, the VSA light will light, but you'll need to have the codes read. Note, these are separate codes, and not the OBDII codes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
To echo previous point: my pickup won't rev past a certain point in neutral or park, but driving it will. And it doesn't sound like you're bouncing off a rev limiter, it just quietly won't go past that RPM.

When you say it won't rev past 3k, is that while driving or in park?

·
Registered
268 Posts
As others have said, need to pull the check engine codes.

Not being able to get above 3000rpm sure sounds like a VVT solenoid issue....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To clarify, it won’t go past 3000 in either park or drive. I am waiting on the Honda dealer to get some more tranny fluid in stock then I plan on doing a tranny service and I have to call a shop around me so they can scan the other codes but the engine code popping up is reading low manifold pressure. I plan on scanning it myself (my brother had scanned it while I was at work) and figuring out whether it’s the intake or exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts