Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Odyssey.

Is it bad practice to swap my stock rubber with winter rubber and vice versa when the season changes? (same rims)

If I get another set of rims and keep the snow tires on those, can an aftermarket TPMS sensors be used?

Do the sensors on the extra rims have to be programmed by the dealer or can I do it?

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
That would be up to you. Most people do separate rims for summer/winter because of the cost of mounting and balancing each time you have to swap tires. Not to mention the possible damage to the rims and tires, each time they are taken off and put back on. For those reasons majority of people have separate rims and tires.

Yes you can have aftermarket TPMS sensors, and yes you can have program the TPMS yourself. You need something like the ATEQ TPMS Quickset tool. Just make sure you note the sensor IDs before mounting the aftermarket sensors. Some aftermarket sensors might require an activation signal from a unit like ATEQ VT30.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I personally would just deal with the TPMS light during the summer. It doesn't hinder functionality, the light disables your ability to turn VSA off. Which for the most part no one turns off anyways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts