Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, A few days ago, I noticed some tell-tale bright red drops on the garage floor.
My first thought was a leaking hose clamp, but they were dry as a bone. The fluid was accumulating at the base of the bell housing.
I took the van to our dealer and they discovered a sand hole in the transmission case casting! Without hesitation, Honda authorized a full replacement. It was shipped next day from Atlanta and was installed by that afternoon. I was pretty impressed with the service. I checked all connectors and they are pinned back as they should be. The tranny shifts even better than the original, and now I have a new tranny at 45,000 miles. I'm good with that!

Bottom line for me, sand holes happen all the time in cast products (I see it in my business), so I'm not too upset about the flaw. The mechanical workings of the tranny were flawless (and the new one is too!). Kudos to Union Honda for their prompt, courteous service, and for Honda by standing behind their product and not just trying to affect a cheap repair! (If it had been me, I would have drilled and tapped the hole, put in a screw, and covered with JB Weld! Ha!:stupid:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I don't think I would have even drilled and tapped the hole. I'd just slather it with JB-weld or PC-7 !

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Ditto.

OF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts