Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of tomorrow, and according to the Service Manager at the dealership, I'll be getting a new transmission on my 2001 EX which sports a total of 278 miles. The fix was prompted by my absolute adamance that I would not listen to a tiny jet engine turbine for ten years. Even the service advisor termed it that. Kinda disappointing, but the dealer/service departments were completely professional and sympathetic. Hope the District Manager agrees with the locals as this owner has a short fuse with noises.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Whoa! I thought only Dodge Caravans needed their trannies replaced after 300 miles! I haven't experienced any jet engine noises, but I DO find the 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd shifts a bit harsh. The engine stays at high revs while the transmission decides what to do and then bangs into the next gear. The service rep says it's operating normally and that firm shifts are common in Hondas(surprise, surprise).

One morning, not long after I took delivery in early 1999, the transmission went into spasms and bucked the van like a bronco while thumping and clunking as it deparately hunted for the right gear. After shutting down, the condition disappeared and has never returned.

Further down in this forum I have posted a list of other um... annoyances under "Major Pains". Hopefully you and all other Ody owners will be spared the same fate.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MerpsMom:
As of tomorrow, and according to the Service Manager at the dealership, I'll be getting a new transmission on my 2001 EX which sports a total of 278 miles. The fix was prompted by my absolute adamance that I would not listen to a tiny jet engine turbine for ten years. Even the service advisor termed it that. Kinda disappointing, but the dealer/service departments were completely professional and sympathetic. Hope the District Manager agrees with the locals as this owner has a short fuse with noises.

Anyone else have this problem?
</font>

------------------
Blue 1999 EX, block heater, tranny cooler, trailer hitch

·
Registered
59 Posts
Check out my post "Adding transmission fluid" in Periodic Maintenance. I have an appointmen scheduled, but as of right now, my Ody will not shift out of park and I've poured dexron III atf into transmission. I'll keep you posted on how I make out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts