Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I have seen similar discussions regarding 2nd generation but what an 07 pulling to the left. Just bought it and after we test drove it seemed OK, they changed tires and now seems to pull to the left more. Any suggestions ? I also feel what I can only explain as slow response at the wheel and when I turn left there seems to be moments of stiffness. Kind of hard to explain. Please help if you can, we just had twins and this minivan is supposed to make our lives much better. LOL. Well better than driving a Mazda 3 with twins.

·
Registered
755 Posts
first of all, your steering wheel getting stiffer when turning can

be the power steering pump. And the car pulling to the left

can be an alignment issue. good luck!

·
Registered
295 Posts
SonneOdy,

For your pulling issue I would start with the simplest items first. You say that new tires were put on to your vehicle, was this between the "test drive / purchase" and pick up? Either way first thing to check is the tire pressure. If the pressure is off more than a couple of pounds air pressure between the right front tire and the left front tire that can and will cause pulling. Sounds simple, well all I can say is don't trust that who ever put the tires on set and balanced the tire pressure correctly. Next thing to try beyond the tire pressure would be moving the tires around, move the rears to the front and the fronts to the rear. You could have a rim that is slightly out of true that prior to the new tires was on the rear and now is up front. Anything more than these two simple items and I'd bring the vehicle back to the dealership were purchased to get things fixed under your purchase warranty. As far as the steering goes it could be as simple as a slipping power steering belt or as mentioned the power steering pump. Either way look the power steering system over to be sure it is not leaking fluid and listen to it to see that it is not making any sort of unusual noises. Again anything more than a lose belt / low on fluid and I'd return to the dealership for warranty work. Lots of luck, Russ.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts