Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to know some details on where your LATCH and tether anchors are located? Want to know what parts you need to install optional anchors yourself? Want to know how your Odyssey stacks up against other minivans in the safety department? Try this site:

http://www.car-safety.org/odyssey.html

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cavillier,
I was recently rear-ended in my odyssey. I understand that I am supposed to replace my child safety seat. I currently have a Britax roundabout. I would like to replace it with the Expressway but I am unable to find it anywhere. Do you have a source to purchase it from? I appreciate you reply.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rollie66:
Cavillier,
I was recently rear-ended in my odyssey. I understand that I am supposed to replace my child safety seat. I currently have a Britax roundabout. I would like to replace it with the Expressway but I am unable to find it anywhere. Do you have a source to purchase it from? I appreciate you reply.
</font>
I apologize for my late response. I haven't entered this forum since I never saw the "New" logo and I figured I was the last to post:-(

I am sorry to hear about your accident. I hope everyone was OK. Yes, you are supposed to replace carseats after an accident. Some insurance companies will also reimburse you for it. I did see a retail Expressway at a recent conference, so I know they exist and are shipping. I have not yet seen them at any store. I think your best bet would be to call Britax and see if they will tell you which retailers might get it first. I'd try the local high-end baby shops (Maybe USABaby in Bakersfield?). Also keep in mind that the Expressway is front-facing only, unline the Roundabout. Plus, it has a 40 pound weight limit. If you prefer to stay with a Britax, the Super Elite or Star-Riser Comfy may be more appropriate, even though they don't have LATCH. Plus, the SuperElite will be hard to find for a few months. What age/weight is your child?

·
Registered
122 Posts
thank you for the response. I only want a britax. I want the isofit system because i want to place my child in the middle and I do not want the strap in the way of passangers. My child is 25 months and 32lbs I figire this will last until britax has isofit boosters. If there is a great isofit booster with five point harness let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
I went to the Britax site and looked at the super elite. That seems to be the best deal for me. Is it on the market. I want one ! They probably will have a isofit retro kit anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rollie66:
I went to the Britax site and looked at the super elite. That seems to be the best deal for me. Is it on the market. I want one ! They probably will have a isofit retro kit anyway.</font>
The Super Elite is very nice. It is also BIG. I'd also buy one if it had LATCH (ISOFIX, ISOFIT) or a retrofit.

My infant is in a Rounabout, but I am also very content with my Century NextStep DX combination seat with the EZ LATCH system. It should hold my toddler to 40 pounds, at which time I'll see what else is on the market. As for boosters, they use the seatbelt as the primary restraint no matter what, so LATCH/ISOFIX/ISOFIT will not have the same advantages as it would with a front facing harnessed seat.

Britax is a great choice by the way, but certainly not the only safe choice:)

[This message has been edited by caviller (edited 07-10-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts