Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently traded my 2009 GL320 Diesel for the Odyssey. I absolutely love it! The fuel economy is great and i no longer have to pay a premium on diesel fuel.:DD

·
Registered
301 Posts
Congrats, we just got out Ody two weeks ago and we are enjoying it as well. We were also coming from a Mercedes, an ML350 (not diesel) and are very happy with the switch.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Congratulations. Drove a 5-year old Ridgeline this weekend, what a great vehicle, not a squeak or rattle in 70k miles, drives great. But was still happier to get back into my Ody Touring.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a wonderful ride. Just drove to San Francisco from Oakland and the fuel gauge barely moved.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have any of you new owners noticed your van not being the smoothest shifter? 2nd to 3rd in my Touring Elite is particularly harsh sometimes. Maybe it is just mine?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Have any of you new owners noticed your van not being the smoothest shifter? 2nd to 3rd in my Touring Elite is particularly harsh sometimes. Maybe it is just mine?
Coming from my ML350 it feels great, the ML shifts like crap.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The new 6spd (my opinion) shifts a little better than the old 5 spd. Esp, when you are hard on the gas. Firmer shift than 5spd which is good for performance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it shifts fine. you have to remember that it is just a Honda minivan. a Lexus LS600h and a S550 will shift smooth, but it wont carry 8 people and 3 strollers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got ours tonight, brand new 2011. Works great so far.

Bluetooth sync'd fine with our iPhone 4's and the bluetooth audio is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Shifting can be rough sometimes if I go light throttle to heavy throttle. This could be due to the ECO mode/cyl deactivation. If you are harder on the throttle where it won't go into eco mode, it shifts smooth.

·
Registered
86 Posts
One more thing, there should be a way to reset the transmission. My previous automatic tranny vehicle has a special way to reset the tranny. AFter the procedure, it was smooth as butter

·
Registered
88 Posts
Resetting a transmission? Is that have to do with timing of shifts or ECU 'learning'?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Even my wife, who does not notice such things, has said the van stutters when shifting from 2nd to 3rd. If I tell my local dealer I want to have the transmission "reset" will they know what that means? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wifey Loves the New Van

Just purchased one for the wife and she seems to love it; although she is still trying to figure out all of the buttons, etc.. Honda seems to have put a great deal of thought in it. It took alot for the wife to switch from her other love (Nissan Quest) but she is pleased so far!

·
Banned
728 Posts
Our transmission (5 speed) has had a few hiccups shifting but otherwise has been fine. I made a big deal (in my mind) about wanting the 6 speed but not wanting to pay the price of the touring, but after having owned the van for 5 months, I am satisfied with the 5 speed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts