Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've been lurking for the last couple of months, soaking in all of the helpful maintenance tips my fellow Ody enthusiasts have to offer.

I just inherited my dad's 1995 Odyssey EX with 154K miles on it. My son will get his driver's permit in August, so the Ody will be for him while he learns and gains experience behind the wheel.

I've been maintaining the Ody for my Dad for the past 10 years now. I did the basic tune up on it last summer (cap, rotor, plugs, oil seal on the filter housing). New CV joints within the last few months. Oil has been changed regularly.

Flushed the tranny fluid last month x3 - not as much hesitation now when upshifting. However, the D4 transmission indicator lights up solid when I turn the key to the "on" position before I start the car. Once started and running, the transmission indicator works normally. Does anyone have any idea why this occurs :huh:. I searched but couldn't find anything specific.

Thanks in advance,

Andre

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it's okay then. I'm not going to try and fix what isn't broke :).

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Not sure if its worth your while but, I had a similar problem with my 95. I replaced the speed sensor and the problem was fixed. I used a $18 speed sensor off eBay and spent about 15 minutes replacing the part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts