Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the service interval for a timing belt? I've got an owner's manual with my used 05, but not sure how to tell when to replace the belt. The schedule is based on numbers/letters, but I couldn't find how to reference them. I just got an 05 used with 111k on it. Thx.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Should be 105 k miles.
Going from memory . . . .
Regarding the owners manual and the service schedule, I think there is a specific mention for replacing the timing belt.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What is the service interval for a timing belt? I've got an owner's manual with my used 05, but not sure how to tell when to replace the belt. The schedule is based on numbers/letters, but I couldn't find how to reference them. I just got an 05 used with 111k on it. Thx.
You bought it at the wrong time. 100,000 miles is the usual interval. Looks like you will have to invest $500-$700 getting it changed. Now you know why the previous owner got rid of it.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
TB interval is about 90-100K for most cars these days.
The Odyssey is 105K.

Anyway, check previous owners records, it MIGHT have been changed already.
If not, replace it.
Search forum for DIY.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Does the new OEM belt come with a sticker for the engine bay to indicate replacement ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Man this thread just differed my t-belt job for another 45,000 miles. For some reason I thought the t-belt service on the Ody was recommended at 60K vs. 105K. Now I can hang a new suspension on our Maxima this weekend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm more than willing to invest $550 (the price my mechanic quoted me) to replace a belt on it. ITS A HONDA! If that's the reason the prior owner got rid of it then good for me! Maybe I'll luck out and find out it was done (but I doubt it).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts