Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am asking for everyone’s honest opinions about a purchase I am about to make of a 2008 Odyssey EX (not EX-L or Touring). A person I know through my son's Boy Scout Troop is selling it to not have a car payment and move closer to her sons (long story- she is in the middle of a very nasty divorce). It has 43750 or so miles and I have done my due diligence (Auto Check and CarFax, Indy Mechanic Used Car check). The main issues I see are 1.) brakes, esp front and 2.) the ubiquitous TC issues. It also needs new tires, but that is to be expected at this mileage. She has gotten all the recalls done but the dealer said that she doesn't need a new TC as the SW updates "have fixed it". However the Indy mechanic said that the TC was grinding. Otherwise has a few dings and dents but overall in good shape. Should I buy it? I like the fact it is a Private Party purchase and she is the original owner, but obviously it will be sold "As Is" I am going to buy an extended warranty (Honda Care not an option) but I would appreciate any comments/feedback from everyone. Thanks!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe I should have started this out by saying that I am not a member of the Ody Club yet, but hope to be in the next week or so! My W had a 2004 Nissan Quest that was totaled in an accident while I was in the hospital a couple of month’s age and we have been looking for a replacement vehicle. She doesn't like the one I mentioned in the previous post, but to me it looks like a good value (original owner, low miles,etc) I just wonder if it will be one of the ones with tranny problems like I see in this forum and all over the Web. It is an EX so no VCM issues with it, but would appreciate any feedback from any current 3rd Gen Ody owners. Thanks!
BTW: We own two other Hondas currently, a 2001 1st Gen Insight and a 2007 7th Gen Accord. The Insight is almost at 100 K and is a very impracticable vehicle and makes me miss having a van! My Accord has been a good basic family sedan and I am so thankful that I DON’T have a 2008+ model!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts