Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow Odyclub Memebers,

I'm a proud owner of a 2002 GG EX-L. Just wanted to say that this site has helped me a lot on the purchase of the vehicle. Just added the delear installed foglights yesterday and its so cool!
I have a question on bug deflectors and window deflectors. Where is the best place i can get them for the 2002. I heard that 2002 has a different fit compare to the previous models. Can someone confirm this please?
thanks,

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Try <a href="http://www.macneil.com/main.asp">MacNeil</a>.

I have their "weatherflectors" for the windows and would not buy them again.

I find them to add to the noise inside the vehicle. Also, they slightly decrease and distort driver visibility. Not by much, but enough that I have to compensate by moving my head around a little to see around them.

I find it awkward to deal with the curves in the plastic around the left sideview mirror. The distortion in that one spot there makes it look like objects are moving at a right angle to where they actually are moving! I've gotten used to the weatherflectors so I might leave them on.

Others have said that they like being able to have the windows ajar during rain or heat.

The bug deflectors have gotten good reviews for protecting the hood.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'm very happy with the MacNeil items. I also have the headlight protective film, LampGards, installed and feel it is a good item, as well.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
596 Posts
Does anyone in Odyclubland have the Honda side window deflectors? I have seen many strings on other after market deflectors, but none on the Honda parts. Do they generate the same amount of wind noise and are they as distorted as the others?
I had VentVisors on my Windstar and they did a great job venting things in the summer and preventing rain from entering, but they were very noisy. I want to put some for my 02 Ody but hate to add to an already noisy vehicle.

Fred

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have called Paula from MacNeil and she said that the bug deflector for 2002 is still under development. She said that the bug deflector from the previous models will not match the 2002. I'm from chicago, and i can actually drive to MacNeil in Downer's Grove, Il. I will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
212 Posts
There are no differences in the 2002 Odyssey that require a new deflector. I have a WeatherTech on my 2002. They may be switching to a new design for some reason, but there is no need for a new design because of any Odyssey change.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello Fred,

I have installed a set of Weathertech Weatherflectors for the doors on my 02 Ody. In my opinion, they do increase the wind noise a little when going at high speed. However, I do not find them distracting at all. They worked well for me here in Houston with the summer heat. I just lower the windows slightly and not worry about rain or attact would be burglars.

Tony

·
Registered
596 Posts
Thanks Tony. I had a similar experience on my Junkstar. I have to have them here in Oklahoma too. We don't have the humidity you have in Houston, but the heat is terrible at times and those allow some venting to keep things tolerable. My only decision is whether to buy the WeatherTech Weatherflecters or the grossly overpriced Honda parts. Hmmmmm?

Fred

·
Registered
194 Posts
Keirboy - I have emailed pics of my BugFlector II to you. I beleive it is the same (identical) to the MacNeil.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<center>(Certificate has been claimed and is no longer available)</center>

I have a certificate for a one-time internet or phone order discount for purchases directly from <a href="http://www.macneil.com/main.asp">MacNeil</a> good for Weathertech and their other products, valid through 2/28/2002.

I'll e-mail the certificate number to the first Odyclub member from whom I receive an e-mail requesting it. Please post here so others will know the certificate is taken.

The discount amount is $50 on a purchase of $500 or more, $25 on $250 or more, and $10 on $100 or more.

Please request the certificate number only if you really will use it to get a discount. I received it in the mail last week, I assume because I bought some items from MacNeil last year.

Regards,

Maugham <font color="#f7f7f7">

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 01-30-2002).]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Esthetics aside, do these bug deflectors make any measurable difference in the cleanliness of the windshield?

------------------
Craig

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kierboy:
Maugham,
I'd like to use that discount if i may....

Kierboy
</font>
Kierboy,

Just e-mailed the code to the address in your Odyclub profile. Enjoy!

Maugham

·
Registered
596 Posts
I got my WeatherFlectors Friday and had them installed in about 2 minutes. Then I removed them and polished the lower edges. Now I'm happy. The additional wind noise is tolerable. I and the same issue with the Junkstar, but learned to live with it due to the positive effects it had on the van.
I don't know what I'd do without all the good information available through the Odyclub Forum.

Fred

·
Registered
596 Posts
I got my WeatherFlectors Friday and had them installed in about 2 minutes. Then I removed them and polished the lower edges. Now I'm happy. The additional wind noise is tolerable. I had the same issue with the Junkstar, but learned to live with it due to the positive effects it had on the van.
I don't know what I'd do without all the good information available through the Odyclub Forum.

[This message has been edited by FW_in_OKC (edited 02-25-2002).]

·
Registered
479 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jerry O:
I'm very happy with the MacNeil items. I also have the headlight protective film, LampGards, installed and feel it is a good item, as well.
</font>
Jerry,
Is the LampGard film easy to apply? Is it cut to cover headlight and turn lights? Can it be removed easily? I assume that it is difficult to see? Have you seen the similiar product called Stoneguard?--Here's the link:
http://home.netscape.com/oem/apple/index.html

I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.
Jeff

·
Registered
25 Posts
(This has been spoken for allready)

I also have the same certificate that Maugham has and will be happy to do the same. Just drop me an email. This certificate is valid through 2/28/2002.

I'll e-mail the certificate number to the first Odyclub member from whom I receive an e-mail requesting it. Please post here so others will know the certificate is taken.

The discount amount is $50 on a purchase of $500 or more, $25 on $250 or more, and $10 on $100 or more.

Please request the certificate number only if you really will use it to get a discount.

Regards,

4theboys

------------------
2002 TW EXL-RES, Cargo Tray, Mud Guards, Bug Shield, Fog lights, WeatherTech mats and of course the boys

[This message has been edited by 4theboys (edited 02-26-2002).]

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have 2002 Ody and just got my WeatherTech Deflector for my hood. I was going to mount it with the flanges under the rubber trim. Is this the correct way to mount the deflector? Also, did anyone use the screws, or just the tape?

Thanks,

ScottD

1 - 20 of 28 Posts