Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Odyssey does not switch to the black background-night mode when the headlights are turned on. I checked the cluster light setting, to ensure it wasn't set to MAX, and have tried both AUTO and night mode, but all I get is a slight dimming of the daytime display. I traded an '04 Acura TL that had nearly the same NAVI system, which functioned fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Adam

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
The NAV system itself also has a brightness and a night mode setting. Check out the NAV settings. One of the NAV manuals should be linked in the owner's manuals sticky in the 05+ forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply- I actually looked through the NAVI manual, and attempted to adjust the brightness settings there too, and manually switched to night mode without results too...

·
Super Moderator
1,175 Posts
amwiner said:
My Odyssey does not switch to the black background-night mode when the headlights are turned on. I checked the cluster light setting, to ensure it wasn't set to MAX, and have tried both AUTO and night mode, but all I get is a slight dimming of the daytime display. I traded an '04 Acura TL that had nearly the same NAVI system, which functioned fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Adam
Try the steps in this Honda Service News article from Feb 2008:

Navi Display Won’t Switch to Night Mode With Headlights Turned On

http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SN/A08020L.PDF

Let us know if it fixes your issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EE4Life- thank you for the response- I did actually check those settings, and even asked the local Honda service shop. I know that my '04 Acura TL definitely would flip from the white daytime mode to the black/night. The dealer told me the navi will only dim when the headlights are turned on, and not flip to the black background as it has in the past. I'm somewhat skeptical, since the tip sent to me andthe manual for the navi show the darker night screen.

Anyone else have any other suggestions? That again to those that have already sent their thoughts along...

·
Super Moderator
1,175 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NICE! It was the map color setting for the night mode- I don't know how I missed that! That's for taking the time to research and help me bud...

I was going to post another thread, bit maybe I can just ask you here. I see there's MANY threads regarding iPhone connectivity. I'm looking for the best interface that works with navi and XM.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Adam

·
Super Moderator
1,175 Posts
No problem...I'm glad that info helped solve your issue.

With regards to your other question.....I can't help you there. I would first do a search. Then if nothing is found, post a new thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to this forum, and this is my first post. If anyone happens to see this, I'm having a similar problem to the guy's original thread and I'm getting denied permission to see the above links. Are there new links available for this issue?

·
Super Moderator
1,175 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts