Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post this for anyone that ends up having this issue like we did:

After our first oil change on our 2011 Touring, we noticed that when we locked the doors, it wouldn't beep or flash its lights after pushing the lock button twice. After researching this issue, some people recommended checking the front hood. Sure enough, when we closed the hood by "dropping" the hood about 10 inches high, the door lock beep confirmation came back. Curiously, when I "dropped" the hood from about 1-1/2 feet, the beep wouldn't come on. My conclusion is that for some reason, if the hood slams too hard, it doesn't close fully. So, make sure you don't slam the hood too hard if you've got the hood open.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Get your hood latch and switch replaced. It is defective. You can try by simply removing the wire from the hood latch and see if it arms correctly. If it does, the latch switch is defective.

The one on my 2001 MDX went just a few weeks ago and kept sounding the alarm. Since the MDX is 10 years old and the latch locks properly, I decided to just disconnect the wires instead of spending the money to have the assembly replaced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 Ody Beep fixed when locking

My ody experienced the same problem when locking with the fob the doors would all lock but never alarm with the beep sound. The hood switch needed to be cleaned as there was significant buildup, sprayed WD40 and cleaned out all the build up. The sensor where the wire connects needed to be cleaned as this would assure a proper closure of the hood. Once cleaned a beep was sounded when locking the ody. Very simple to do, just remove the cover around the hood switch and then have complete access to the hood switch for cleaning.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wait, I thought that the lights flashed after pressing only once and the honk honked after pressing the button on the fob twice. Is there supposed to be a more discrete beeping sound?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts