Honda Odyssey Forum banner

warning Beeps when the van is in revers or drive is an important feature to have?

• Yes I want this safety feature. Bring it back.

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No the beeps annoy me and are not needed?

Votes: 5 35.7%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew it would happen but when was the question. It was yesterday. The kids were distracting my wife and she started to back the car up when BAM. The sliding door behind the driver hit the side of garage.

The last two generations had the beeping when the car was put in revers or drive and the doors were opened. What knucklehead at Honda decided this was a bad feature?

Look this is a safety feature that should not be eliminated. I know this can be fixed with some programing. Once the car goes over 5 MPG (I think) you will hear the beeping. Well just change the parameters to 0 MPG and the problem solved.

Who feels this is important or not? I think the majority will say bring it back. Then I will email this thread to American Honda to see if they even care?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think it is a good feature. Some times I put my 2nd gen in drive while the doors are closing and it is annoying. I think it should sound when the door is open and you just begin to move(0.01mph). I really never thought about hitting anything with the door. I thought the side mirror stuck out further than the doors.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
My van beeps if I roll with the doors opened.

Btw I miss read the pole I thought you were asking about beeping in reverse like a bus.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I decided to give it a try today (EX-L) and I voted yes, it would not hurt to have it.

A couple of comments, yet I acknowledge this might not apply to everybody:

1. If going on reverse the first thing I check are all the mirrors and I can see if the sliding doors if open, that is good.

2. My children are good at yelling "seat-belt" or "door is open" if their seat-belt is not fastened properly or if any door is open, that is good too.

But now, if no children are on-board or you don't see the doors through the mirrors by the time you start moving, it might be too late (i.e. in the garage)

So bottom line, annoyance but, again, it would not hurt to have it as soon as setting gear (R or D) :dunno:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts