Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Odyssey and decided to change the Cabin air filter. after watching the Utube video on how to do this I dropped down the glove box and pulled out the filter tray....to my suprise it was empty. driving for 3 1/2 yrs and no filter was in there! anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a 2007 Odyssey and decided to change the Cabin air filter. after watching the Utube video on how to do this I dropped down the glove box and pulled out the filter tray....to my suprise it was empty. driving for 3 1/2 yrs and no filter was in there! anyone else had this happen?
More than likely your model doesn't have one. However, somewhere on this forum are instructions on how to modify the insert to hold a filter.

·
Super Moderator
13,838 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have a 2007 Odyssey LX now would you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, 2007 LX. the cabin filter tray is installed, it's just empty. the new filter seemed to fit in there OK.

·
Super Moderator
13,838 Posts
yep, 2007 LX. the cabin filter tray is installed, it's just empty. the new filter seemed to fit in there OK.
LX does NOT come with the filter. You can add it however as you have seen BUT you HAVE to modify the tray. See the cabin filter DIY thread for instructions on what parts to cut out of the tray. DO NOT use the filter over the current tray as it will restrict air flow and perhaps cause issues with the blower after a long time of use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info. I did notice that the bottom of the tray had some slats that did seem to interfere with the filter. I'm going to go and make the modifications and reinsert the filter.

It does piss me off that Honda did not include the filter and never bothers to tell you plus they make the trat so you can't just insert a new one. will make me think a little more about my next purchase.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
thanks for the info. I did notice that the bottom of the tray had some slats that did seem to interfere with the filter. I'm going to go and make the modifications and reinsert the filter.

It does piss me off that Honda did not include the filter and never bothers to tell you plus they make the trat so you can't just insert a new one. will make me think a little more about my next purchase.
It is in the sales literature. So add the $15 filter and enjoy your low cost mod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts