Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

All my instrument panel lights recently went out on my 2001 Odyssey. The only light that works is the gear indicator, but that goes off when I turn on my lights. I had posted a few weeks ago and tried what everyone said and it suddenly got better. Then the lights went out again and would intermittently go on and off. Today when I hooked up my trailer I blew the fuse (#10). I pulled out the wiring harness out and it looked a little melted so I removed it completely. I then replaced the fuse and the tail lights came back on, but still no dash lights. Any other ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
447 Posts
On many cars the dash lights are on the same fuse circuit as the tail lights.
Check to see if your tail lights are out too.
I think you have an intermittant short in your wiring going to the trailer connector.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's really bizarre. My tail lights work fine. I swear that during the day the dash lights work, During the day when I put it in gear I see the gear indicator light dim like it should. But at night the gear indicator goes out when I turn on the lights and I have no dash lights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In our '03 the dimmer switch in the dash was the culprit. It kept messing up the entire dash (shorting out the fuse). The dealership finally had to just completely disconnect the dimmer and now we have dash lights. Not sure if that's your issue, but it may be worth looking into.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem with my instrument panel lights going out. After reading multiple posts I went out to "wiggle" my fuse box. That thing is screwed down pretty tight so I continued wiggling wires and connectors by the fuse box on the driver's side and voila - the panel lights came back on. Going to see how it goes for now. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts