Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wifes 02 Ody has very little heat in the front vents. The rear does have heat. If it wasn't for the bun warmers it would be intolerable to drive as it gets colder here. We had the thermostat changed, and the radiator flushed, still doesn't work. I searched the forum a bit and the heater core valve seems to be operating. Can't be 100% sure on that, but the cable moves.
What would be the next thing to look at?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
If you are not getting good air flow, then it could be your Cabin Air Filter that needs changing.
If you are getting good air flow, then it is something else.
Other than that, I can't help.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
61 Posts
It is probably a plugged heater core. Flushing the radiator wouldn't solve the problem. The valve opens fine but no coolant flows through the core.

It could possibly be a kinked hose or clogged passage that leads to the heater core, but less likely - the core has small fluid passages that are more likely to clog.

You could try getting the core flushed. If that doesn't work you'll need a new core.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My Haynes Manual (#42035) refers to a front heater core AND a rear heater core on page 3-11. So I renew my suggestion that the (front) heater core is plugged.

·
Registered
5 Posts
wormguy said:
My Haynes Manual (#42035) refers to a front heater core AND a rear heater core on page 3-11. So I renew my suggestion that the (front) heater core is plugged.
You sir are right...miss read the OP as little air not heat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts