Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it surprise anyone else that Honda has not offered Midnight Blue as a colour option for the 2011 Odyssey? We've got a Midnight Blue 2007 EX-L and were planning or trading it in for a 2011, but no dark blue!!! Honda says plenty of market research went into this decision, but to me, taking away Midnight Blue is akin to taking away Black, Silver or White as a colour option. Anyone else agree? I guess we will wait until the 2012's come out -- fingers crossed !
I love the Odyssey, but when I buy a car, it had better be the colour I want.

p.s. the colour may have been called 'Nautical Blue Metallic' in 2007....it's a dark dark blue. Gorgeous.

·
Registered
45 Posts
they wont offer different colors anytime soon

·
Super Moderator
13,842 Posts
Its a good thing they took out the Blue. Have ya read all the recalls for both the 2nd gen and 3rd gen for blue color problems with peeling?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, there were recalls involving just the Blue colour paint? I know we got a notice about bringing it in if we had any such issues but we haven't had any problems with the paint peeling, ours still looks like new....that seems like such an odd issue. And why would it affect just the dark blue?
I'm puzzled.

·
Super Moderator
13,842 Posts
oakvillemomof4 said:
Oh, there were recalls involving just the Blue colour paint? I know we got a notice about bringing it in if we had any such issues but we haven't had any problems with the paint peeling, ours still looks like new....that seems like such an odd issue. And why would it affect just the dark blue?
I'm puzzled.
Well, I would say fire up the search and read up. The peeling only impacted the dark blue color (it did NOT impact the Havasu Blue the very light blue one) and it did span both generations so not sure what was up.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
dvpatel said:
Well, I would say fire up the search and read up. The peeling only impacted the dark blue color (it did NOT impact the Havasu Blue the very light blue one) and it did span both generations so not sure what was up.
As DV said, the midnight blue was covered on both 2nd and 3rd generation vans. Sometime in the 3rd generation model cycle (I think it was during the mid cycle refresh in 08), Honda changed the dark blue from "Midnight Blue" to "Bali Blue"....although they look almost identical as far as my untrained eye is concerned. So far, Bali Blue is not covered under the recall, but the color is also not available on the 4th gen van.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will take a closer look at our Odyssey then to check for any paint peeling....have not ever looked at the roof! Hope there's no surprises up there for us.
Thanks for all the replies. I am disappointed still that Honda could not figure out how to fix this, instead of just removing that colour option.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I believe the roof is usually where you see problems first on these. Something about Blues....but GM and Chrysler both had some issues with blue back in the 90's. Paint is a funny thing...especially with the EPA and all their rules. VW had a silver color a few years back and there was something about the atmosphere in Mexico that gave the color a unique look. It was about impossible to match for repairs though....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2005 Odyssey Touring midnight blue metallic (I believe that's it....recall notice is in the glove box).

I did receive the recall notice. Mine started peeling last spring. I have a patch on the side of the hood near the left quarter panel. It's now about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. I have also noticed a small area you can see when you open one of the rear doors.

I haven't called yet to set up an appointment to have the affected recall areas repainted.

Has anybody had the paint work done? I'm concerned that everything may not match when they're finished.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts