Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '01 EX with the factory radio. The other day, while listening to the radio, there were two loud bursts of static about 15 minutes apart that lasted for about 5 seconds each time. I turned off the radio after the second incident and later, when I turned it back on, there is no sound. The radio acts like it is working, but there is no sound. The behavior is the same when using the CD player.

My initial guess is that the amp died, but I thought I would see if anybody else experienced this or had a different explanation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same thing happened to me and I found out that my kids had put coins into the CD Player Slot. Everything still worked but no sound. Since it control the DVD player I had to pay $500 at a radio repair shop to have it refurbished. New from honda was around $650.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Follow-up, the dash actually pulls off pretty easily. You can unscrew you radio and shake it or just look to see if any coins are in it. I have an 2004 so I don't know if they are the same type.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw a lot of people mention this, but I'm 99% sure that it isn't the case. I'm going to pull it out and see. If it isn't, my next post will be a picture of the new HU.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was pretty sure this wasn't the case because my kids are older, but there must have been 28 cents riding around in the CD player for a long time. I'm guessing it was one of the pot holes in Washington DC that jarred a penny loose and landed it on the contacts behind the wiring harness.

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,510 Posts
Bzzzzt. I guess.

Head on over to www.car-part.com and search for a 2001/2002 Accord EX in-dash CD Changer/player and swap it out with your current one (use the Odyssey clamps) and enjoy a 6-CD AM/FM Cassette option if you so desire. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts