Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start car, turns over, no start. Had timing belt done in 09, pulled cap rotor turns. Cracked open fuel rail, turned key to run, fuel flows out fuel rail. Hooked up spark tester to hot point on disy, had spark. I do not get it. have fuel, have spark, have air, no start. have not done compression test yet, car ran fine yesterday. Long story short. 300,000 + on Henry, Jr went on date last night and car died in drive. Jr said car ran like junk on way home, and died. I did a fresh tune up last summer, but I used advance parts, due to fact Honda dealer is a hike to get to. I have had probs with #4(driver's side) plug wire staying on, It seems to push up all the time. Any ideas? thanks in advance

·
Registered
90 Posts
i had similar problem when got bosch wires from autozone. less than a year after the van wouldn't start. 2 of the wires bad.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update, messed around with car, and found no spark at the plugs. Had spark at the coil contact on the distrib, but nothing at the plugs, none of them. The cap and rotor look fine, no cracks, tracking, nothing burnt or arched. Has cheap Advance wires, they look great. Can a cap and rotor go bad just like that? I have never run into anything like this. I guess a trip to the stealer for Honda parts is in order. I just hate to spend that cash on cap rotor and wires, if I am not sure what the cause is.

·
Registered
947 Posts
If you are going to replace wires then go with Denso brand. Just do some searching on their website, find the part # then go to Amazon or Ebay and buy from whoever sells that part the cheapest.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: So I ordered Honda cap, rotor, and wires. I installed them, and tried to start van. Van would turn over and almost catch. I then pushed the accelerator to the floor and turned the key. The van fired right up and blew a little blue smoke out the exhaust. I guess I have a valve seal prob, but that had nothing to do with the no spark. It really does pay to get Honda ignition parts, because the 8 mth old advance parts did not hold up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts