Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I've checked a few prior threads but cant seem to find the right answer. I have lost my dash and tail lights. Checked the fuse (and all the rest while I was at it). Fuses were all good. Checked the "lighting relay". That’s fine too. Checked the bulbs. They were ok. So, what do I do now. Now, I just put an after market radio in, which I think is simply coincidental with the light problem. It was an easy install and I just plugged in the new radio wiring harness. I don’t think that I disturbed anything. Just though I should mention it just in case. Im dumb founded and trying like hell to avoid t e dreaded dealer service trip. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
What dash and tail lights are out? dash iluminating lights, warning lights, brake lights , backup lights, running lights.

Thr fitst thing to do after checking fuses with a meter, not just looking at them, is to pull the radio and check all around for a loose plug. Try the origonal radio and see if they come back. Verify the adapter cable is for your van and not a universal......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1st, Thank you both! OK. Here we go. Ahhh who knew (not me) that there were not 2 but 3...yes....3 stupid fuse panels. Now I know. So changed the #10, as it was in fact blown, turned the lights on and heard it blow again. I'm done for tonight, but I guess the thing to do now is to remove the radio and start over. The wiring harness was relatively simple and was a Universal. Im just wondering what I did wrong. My van is an 01 that had radio/tape no CD. Im now wondering if the short has something to do with an illumiation wire, since it's blowing out the dash illumination. I'll be back at it soon. Let me know what you think. Thanks again!

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
Get the Honda specific adapter made by Metra. You can get one in the auto radio dept at Best Buy, Circuit City or any big box store. i bet a small car stereo install shop would have them. Dirt cheap for ease and no shorts or faults. They make them for the speakers too. And cheap Pioneer speakers make all the difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts