Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else not seeing the update?
Ours has the B026 from last summer, but it won't find the new software (OTA or USB via web site - "no updates available for your vehicle/VIN").

Fun side-note - when I shut off the AT&T Hotspot, it nuked our ENTIRE service. I had to call AT&T and do a complete system refresh to get it back..
Grrr...

·
Registered
762 Posts
I think they are still rolling our to 2018 in batches. I got it in Canada just few weeks ago. Keep checking, should get it in next few weeks/months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is so odd... batches for software updates...
(I feel like my car has a mainframe in it)

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L with Nav/RES
11 Posts
I think they are still rolling our to 2018 in batches. I got it in Canada just few weeks ago. Keep checking, should get it in next few weeks/months

Have you been getting issues with the Rear Entertainment System, as well? If you did, did this update fix the issue?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So, basically on the same boat as the OP. I don't think home wifi will work to update the software version - it needs the dealer's own AHMOTA WiFi. And the USB route... initially, I've been getting the Connection Failure error, as well. But when I got in, It went straight to the Complete section, telling me that "The vehicle is up-to-date" with my VIN #, etc.

I have posted my experience here (But it is still "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly.")

Just bought a 2020 Odyssey EX-L with Nav/RES a week ago and already experienced the dreaded "Rear Entertainment System/Infotainment freeze"...

·
Registered
762 Posts
This is so odd... batches for software updates...
(I feel like my car has a mainframe in it)
It’s controlled/managed rollout because of new tech with history is issues. in case there is an issue that wasn’t caught in testing, they have to deal with less vehicles in the shop vs millions.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Have you been getting issues with the Rear Entertainment System, as well? If you did, did this update fix the issue?
Yes I did have issues with it restating on its own and not play some formats properly and want to test it out but really haven’t used it since COVID-19, usually I drive solo now...

·
Registered
11 Posts
All of my updates have been completed using a home WIFI, no need to connect to a dealer network.
What year/model do you have? Did you also experience issues with the RES/Infotainment? If you did, did the update get it fixed? What’s your current software version? Sorry for all the questions. I’m just really curious as to what other people’s experience are regarding the issues with the RES/infotainment. Thanks!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have an EXL with nav/res, which seems to be immune to issues that plague the upper trim levels. I have had a few minor glitches, which were resolved with previous software updates.

The current version is B.1.026. In the past, it can take several months to get the latest version. It seems like the software engineers write code for each vehicle and personally send it out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an EXL with nav/res, which seems to be immune to issues that plague the upper trim levels. I have had a few minor glitches, which were resolved with previous software updates.

The current version is B.1.026. In the past, it can take several months to get the latest version. It seems like the software engineers write code for each vehicle and personally send it out.
Per Honda bulletin pinned on this forum, the most recent software version is F021. And, I think, you guys are right, in terms of Honda rolling out the update by batches instead of altogether. Brought in my van and asked them if they could push the update to mine and they said they have no way of doing it. So, we get the update when we get it, I guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts