Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a 7" high resolution roof-mounted monitor a couple of months ago along with a DVD player and a VCP. The system works pretty good except that there sometimes are a number of horizontal lines (sloping gradually upwards from left to right) that seem to move upwards gradually, then speed up, then disappear, then appear again. This happens when the engine is running or not. When the DVD and VCP players are turned off and the monitor is switched on, the blue screen is smooth with no lines or problems.

I have had the grounding system checked out, tried different wires and even changed the monitor - No improvement! Any thoughts on what the problem may be? Me and the installer (Circuit City) have run out of ideas.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If it occured with just the VCP, then there is a tracking problem... since it seems that it occurs with both the VCP and DVD then I think there may be feedback from the idle unit while the other is operating...

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shaners:
I think there may be feedback from the idle unit while the other is operating...

</font>
Can this be even if I do not power up the idle unit? If so, any suggestions on what I can do to overcome this problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I didn't have lines, but I had audible "noise" when I played my vcp and my jensen. I purchased a noise filter at radio shack ($20), and ran all of the entertainment system electrical connections(lcd, vcp, modulator) through it. Solved the audible noise problem for me.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Vishka,
Have you been able to rule out either/or source unit by making sure they have clean signal output?

Sounds like both sources produce the problem, so try this to be sure it's not your source units.

Get your home VCR/DVD player, powered via an A/C extension cord (not an inverter), and connect it to your LCD. If this clears up the picture, you may have a source unit/signal problem. If not, then you probably have a screen/elecrical issue....

Let us know what you find out...

Good Luck!

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

[This message has been edited by shinjohn (edited 01-15-2002).]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rollie66:
Hooked it up to a powere filter and it solved the problem.</font>
What exactly is a power filter and where can I get it? Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shinjohn:
Vishka,
Get your home VCR/DVD player, powered via an A/C extension cord (not an inverter), and connect it to your LCD. If this clears up the picture, you may have a source unit/signal problem. If not, then you probably have a screen/elecrical issue....

Let us know what you find out...

Good Luck!

</font>
Thanks - I will try this, this coming weekend and let you know what I come up with.

[This message has been edited by viskha (edited 01-15-2002).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts