Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a noise eminating from under the passenger dash. It sounds a lot like the leaves in the blower problem. However I just dropped the blower and there are no leaves. I activated the blower when out and it turns quietly. After reinstalling, I discovered the noise is coming from another squarish part under the dash which is a/c/heat related, located just to the right of the console. It has a metal link coming out of it. I can feel vibration and hear it if the key is on -even if the climate control system is off. I can silence it temporarily by pressing on the round center of it. It is definitely the noisemaker. What is this part and is it difficult to replace? Any links to a fix? Thanks and I love this site - just discovered it and it is helping save a ton of $$!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the same issue and I think it is making too much hot air come out. Did you ever get this fixed?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have noise (something small being hit by the cage, perhaps) from my blower assembly and have been putting it off because of the manual saying to discharge and remove the evaporator. The appearance of the assembly and the original poster's experience imply that the blower just drops down, which is surely as God intended it. I am encouraged.

Regarding the temp control question, I would remove the device in question (which I've never seen), try and determine how it works (moves a door, diverts water in or out, etc.) and try and do things manually. Also note what seems to activate it. I assume it uses a varying voltage being sent by the so-easy-to-turn temperature knob. The goal here is to thoroughly condemn the assembly before buying a new one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ok, that box with the metal arm is the air mix motor and after replacing mine ($200) it's quiet and working perfect!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts