Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2012 Honda Ody. LX and when I turn Right or Left at low speed there is a clicking sound. I took it back to the dealer to get it checked out and all they said was to monitor it to see if if goes away or get worse. Does anyone else have this issue and if so what might be the problem? :huh::huh:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got the same issue on my 2012 just drove to Williamsburg Va. over the weekend and notice it in a parking lot. At slow speeds turning the wheel to the right I hear what sounds like the CV joint clicking. I need to bring it in and have Dealer look at it. The sound is clearly coming from the the outside under and close to the right wheel.

·
Registered
96 Posts
HONDA - Help Our New Dead Automatic
HONDA - Hopeless Overpriced Non Drivable Automobile
HONDA - Honda Onda Nda Da A (Daddy??????)
HONDA - Horrified Owner Needs Deal on Automatic

I'm really not feeling this way but negative acronyms are all I could come up with.

HYUNDAI - How You Undermine Nicer Drives And Infiltrate
KIA - Keep Infiltrating America

FORD - Falling Off Radar Definitely

GMC - God's Method of Carnage.

TTYL.

·
Registered
159 Posts
ACURA - Another Contemptible Use of Recycled Aluminum

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hyundai - how your usual nerd drives an import
Volvo - very odd looking vehicular object
Fiat - fix it again tony
Mitsubishi - mostly in the shop undergoing big investments sometimes halfway incomplete
Cadillac - carrying another dead Italian lying lifeless amongst cargo
Pinto - put in nickel to operate
Audi - always undergoing diagnostic inspections
Chevrolet - can hear every valve rap in long extended trips
Ford - **** our ride died (hoping to not offend with that one)

To the OP, it does sound classic for a failing CV joint.

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
I just recently bought a 2012 Honda Ody. LX and when I turn Right or Left at low speed there is a clicking sound. I took it back to the dealer to get it checked out and all they said was to monitor it to see if if goes away or get worse. Does anyone else have this issue and if so what might be the problem? :huh::huh:
Check out TSB 11-038 - Popping, Knocking, or Creaking in the Front While Turning at Low Speeds in the 2012 TSB thread.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/54-20...y-technical-service-bulletins.html#post692684

Let us know if it fixes your issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will notify the dealer of this bulletin when I bring the vehicle in. Thank and I'll let you know what I find out.
Hi, were you able to get this resolved.was it a simple fix? I ran into the same problem today. While turning the steering left right , I can hear the clicking sound.

TIA

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any update from folks on this issue? I have a 2011 Oddy EX-L that has been having this creaking/springy sound coming from the front end its whole life. I've had our dealer do the TSB probably 3-4 times now and the sound is still there. Frankly, it seems to be a steering issue as I can generate the sound just by turning the steering wheel while not moving. Of course it didn't demo most recent time I was in, but now it's occurring almost 100% of the time, so probably time for another trip in.

Just wondering if anyone has heard about this same kind of noise being associated with a steering system issue (instead of the struts)... and if there's a fix our dealer should be investigating given the TSB hasn't worked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check out TSB 11-038 - Popping, Knocking, or Creaking in the Front While Turning at Low Speeds in the 2012 TSB thread.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/54-20...y-technical-service-bulletins.html#post692684

Let us know if it fixes your issue.
THANK YOU for this. I just had this TSB applied to my 2012 EX-L RES today and the knocking and creaking is gone. FWIW, it's about $25 in warranty work. The tech also said he couldn't reproduce it, but applied the grease anyway.

·
Registered
35 Posts
THANK YOU for this. I just had this TSB applied to my 2012 EX-L RES today and the knocking and creaking is gone. FWIW, it's about $25 in warranty work. The tech also said he couldn't reproduce it, but applied the grease anyway.
Please let us know if the noise comes back in a few months. Mine has come back after each TSB service...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had my 2012 EX-L in 2 or 3 times for this issue and they claimed to have done the TSB fix (grease). Had it checked at my last oil change and it did nothing. In fact, I feel that it has gotten worse.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had my 2012 EX-L in 2 or 3 times for this issue and they claimed to have done the TSB fix (grease). Had it checked at my last oil change and it did nothing. In fact, I feel that it has gotten worse.
Mine has gotten worse too. Every time they do the TSB the sounds come back within a month or so. At this point, I just plan to get it done one more time before I sell it. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts